Three cracked Pintlers...

Pintlers

You have a genuine concern. These have been cracking for years now. People keep say they redesigned them, but I'm not sing that.
Really feel bad for you. Nothing like spending your hard earned money on a product you expect to last. And then to be disappointed. Good luck with these and working with aev.

I had 4 out of 5 crack, called aev and they took care of it with no issues. They had a bad run a few years ago and there are still some rims floating around...my new ones have had no issues at all...I was very happy they stood behind there product

Scott

I had 4 out of 5 crack, called aev and they took care of it with no issues. They had a bad run a few years ago and there are still some rims floating around...my new ones have had no issues at all...I was very happy they stood behind there product

Scott

My failed wheels were inspected on May 2013, so I have a hard time believing that this is the cause of a single bad run.

DSCF5186.jpg

Do the beadlock versions crack as well? Just being curious. You would think if this is an issue with both, they would start to make a savagre into a beadlock and get rid of the pintler design all together.

I haven't found any reports of Pintler Beadlocks failing in the same mechanism, but adding a beadlock ring would do nothing to stop the kind of failure my wheels suffered. Part of not being able to find reports of failed Pintler Beadlocks is that AEV probably sells far fewer of them.

Top Bottom