Thoughts on Pros/Cons Dynatrac & Carbon & ?? 44/60 for JKU

Have a non Rubicon JKU,, and am going to do a 5.5 Lock-N-Loaded long arm w 6 pak Metalcloak lift, but am torn with what axle set to go with. Dynatrac/Carbon/??????, ARB locker, 5.38 gears, Big Brake kit, 1350 yokes, and doing Adams drive shafts. Please any thoughts?

Dynatrac customer service has been getting worse, but product is still right on
Carbon I do not know enough about them
Currie, on the fense about too
??????? give me thoughts, pros/cons

I am now growing more and more interested in FUSION 60/60, comes with pretty much everything assembled.

Last edited:

JT@623

Hooked
I was fortunate to only have to wait 9 weeks for dynatrac axles I think they’ve gotten quite a bit longer since. you might give Dana a look there’s quite a few running them. Eddie I believe has a set on his JT .

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Have a non Rubicon JKU,, and am going to do a 5.5 Lock-N-Loaded long arm w 6 pak Metalcloak lift, but am torn with what axle set to go with. Dynatrac/Carbon/??????, ARB locker, 5.38 gears, Big Brake kit, 1350 yokes, and doing Adams drive shafts. Please any thoughts?

Not sure why you'd want to run a 44 and a 60 especially if you're just going to run 37" tires. The factory rear 44 will hold up just fine. Certainly, a semi-float 60 won't hold up any better especially when it comes to bent flanges and this is speaking from experience. Of course, if you're wanting to run 40's, you really need to be running 60's front and rear and that rear really needs to be a full float. This is regardless of who the manufacturer is.

Primo82

Caught the Bug
You may want to check out Fusion 4x4's axles as well. Think those are the ones I'll get, they're more local than Dynatrac for me also (midwest company).

MericaMade

Having spent the last 4 months going back and forth this, this is just my opinion with my recent purchase. I won't recommend Dynatrac because their customer service is garbage. They don’t return phone calls, your lucky to get an email back, and if you do get a response it is vague and non-transparent. Also be prepared for a 20 - 30-week lead time right now. To be clear, my only complaint with them was there lack of customer service and transparency regarding the status of my axles, but they do make a great product IF you are willing to wait for months. They have been proven time and time again to be the best out there. Let’s hope the lack of customer service doesn’t find its way into the making of the axles.

Currie hands down was the best with customer service. What I did not like was the higher price tag, smaller brakes, high pinion rear, and the fact the diff cover was attached to the upper control arm. You can upgrade the brakes to Wilwood or F350 for extra coin, but you be looking at 17k + or so. That was a little on the pricy side for me and if I was going to be spending that much, I would rather go with the Fusion Axles.

Dana UD60 are awesome. They are heavy and could have a better final finish including wrapping the welds around the brackets but all in all I am impressed with them. They came filled with fluid and wheel sensor ready to plug and play. I do not expect to have any issues with these and am really happy I went this route. Plus they showed up in 7 days at my front door.

Drive shafts, I highly recommend JE Reel. Jim and Scott are just good guys to do business with and do a great job with drive shafts.

Also, there are a lot better lifts out there IMO.

Hope this helps.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Having spent the last 4 months going back and forth this, this is just my opinion with my recent purchase. I won't recommend Dynatrac because their customer service is garbage. They don’t return phone calls, your lucky to get an email back, and if you do get a response it is vague and non-transparent. Also be prepared for a 20 - 30-week lead time right now. To be clear, my only complaint with them was there lack of customer service and transparency regarding the status of my axles, but they do make a great product IF you are willing to wait for months. They have been proven time and time again to be the best out there. Let’s hope the lack of customer service doesn’t find its way into the making of the axles.

Currie hands down was the best with customer service. What I did not like was the higher price tag, smaller brakes, high pinion rear, and the fact the diff cover was attached to the upper control arm. You can upgrade the brakes to Wilwood or F350 for extra coin, but you be looking at 17k + or so. That was a little on the pricy side for me and if I was going to be spending that much, I would rather go with the Fusion Axles.

Dana UD60 are awesome. They are heavy and could have a better final finish including wrapping the welds around the brackets but all in all I am impressed with them. They came filled with fluid and wheel sensor ready to plug and play. I do not expect to have any issues with these and am really happy I went this route. Plus they showed up in 7 days at my front door.

Drive shafts, I highly recommend JE Reel. Jim and Scott are just good guys to do business with and do a great job with drive shafts.

Hope this helps.
Now that's what I call a thorough answer (y)

A.J.

I think you would be much better off spending the $ for D60’s and cutting out the 6 pack shocks. I’ll also put in my vote for Fusion axles. Very happy with mine.

Hope this helps.
That will help a lot, I have not contacted DYNATRAC or Currie yet, but CARBON did give a fair price for their stuff, and has a great warranty even with the playing of it. Thanks for the info.

The BAD Influence

Caught the Bug
My Carbon axle has the Currie name and logo on it. I'm happy with the axle. I went with them because they were local. They let me walk through their shop, and showed me around. Customer service is incredible. Also, I did break a shaft. They responded immediately, and Fedexed a replacement.
My son has a JKU now and we're building it. He is going with 40s. Honestly having a hard time deciding between Fusion and UDs.
I have MetalCloak shocks and springs. For the price I paid, I can't complain. But nothing else from them impresses me. Seen too many issues on the trails, especially with the 6 packs. Highly recommend a different route there.

MericaMade

That will help a lot, I have not contacted DYNATRAC or Currie yet, but CARBON did give a fair price for their stuff, and has a great warranty even with the playing of it. Thanks for the info.
I purchased Carbon rear axels before I did the UDs and they took care of me fast. I was happy with their service. But like others said they are rebranded Currie so I would just stick with Currie if I was doing full axles.

wjtstudios

Hooked
I’ve bought three sets of axles from fusion. A set of 44s for my scrambler, a 60/44 hybrid front/60SF rear that I have since sold to jdofmemi, and a kingpin 60/13 bolt that I am running now. All have been great axle sets. The paint finish doesn’t hold up well and my real only complaint is that the bolts are exposed on the diff covers and get ground down. Other than that, I love them.

Top Bottom