Thoughts on Chevrolet’s ZR2 pick up.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
No auto maker is going to put anything close to an ultra4 ifs under a vehicle. I’m not sure how many off-roaders have a budget big enough for IFS. If you listen to the announcers at KOH, they talk about the benefits of IFS on open high speed areas, then they mention how solid axles have a bigger benefit in the rougher more technical areas. They also mention if KOH didn’t have all the open high speed areas, more solid axle cars would be in front of the pack

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Big differences between ifs with 10” of travel and ifs with 20+ inches of travel.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

So a couple weeks ago my Jeep went in for some goofy warranty issues and they lent me a Colorado. It was no ZR2 but it was hot garbage. It rode like shit, revved like crazy (3+ gear down shift) when taking off or accelerating on the highway. Felt flighty on the freeway. Overall I just couldn’t believe how big of a pile a crap it is.

It really is a shame that it sucked so bad. Confirms what we all were saying that even in ZR2 trim it will be no competition for the Gladiator.
96035642-F11C-43B6-BDF1-8CD07D45EB1E.jpeg .

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
So a couple weeks ago my Jeep went in for some goofy warranty issues and they lent me a Colorado. It was no ZR2 but it was hot garbage. It rode like shit, revved like crazy (3+ gear down shift) when taking off or accelerating on the highway. Felt flighty on the freeway. Overall I just couldn’t believe how big of a pile a crap it is.

It really is a shame that it sucked so bad. Confirms what we all were saying that even in ZR2 trim it will be no competition for the Gladiator.
View attachment 362070 .
Yeah but was it towing two skids of 2x’s?

Jsouder53

Hooked

View attachment 362070 .
Funny thing is I liked them better than Tacoma’s. For a few months at work I either drove a Colorado or a Tacoma and I felt like the Colorado blew the Tacoma out of the water.

benatc1

Hooked
Honestly, the Raptor has me questioning my loyalty to Jeep and I'm giving it serious thought. I go back and forth daily between a JT Rubicon Diesel or Raptor.
Two totally different build types. If the JT was the same size as a raptor I’d probably drive one daily, I’d also love to drive a raptor daily as well, but they cost about 60k more then what I owe on my ram 1500 😂 .

SeaSharp

In other places they are saying the Gladiator isn't going to get the diesel in 2024. So that's an easy decision to just get the Raptor IMO. I'm not owning a hybrid truck.

Top Bottom