Third time is a charm

Bierpower

Hooked
Got the shocks, springs and drag link flip in. I didn't want to take it off of the jack stands until I get the diff filled though. If I set it down when it's empty I'll likely forget about it.

I'm curious how the plush rides will hold the weight. I had two inch spacers on my stock Rubicon springs and it sat about stock with the added weight of the engine. I may have to go to a stiff spring like a skyjacker or a rough country to hold the front end level.

PXL_20220330_033329398.jpg

Bierpower

Hooked
It's looking like I'm going to need stiffer front springs. It's sitting on the 4" plush rides up front and stock springs with a 2" spacer at the back.
PXL_20220331_011806278.jpg
In the meantime I'll likely just put the spacers back in the front when I put the rear springs in.

Bierpower

Hooked
Is that not level? I thought the LS was same weight as the 3.6?
It is level now but that's 4" front springs and a 2" rear lift.

The LS and the 3.8 were very similar because the 3.8 had an iron block where the LS was aluminum. I'm not sure on the weight of the 3.6 but judging by my front suspension the LT is a significant amount heavier than the 3.6. when the 6.2 went in it nearly set my front end on the bumpstops.

It could also be that the ten speed is a good bit heavier than the 6 speed I did last time but it's heavy enough that the stock springs didn't do much to hold it up.

Bierpower

Hooked
Got the spare pulled off today and mounted one of the 37's. I wanted to check and make sure that the inside of the tire would clear the rear control arms. It's tight but it looks like it'll work for a while.
PXL_20220410_001458248.jpg
PXL_20220410_001600048~2.jpg

Bierpower

Hooked
Not too bad. I've had the armor for a while so repainting and removing nutserts was the worst of it. I will say, make sure you don't hit the pinch seam under the armor. It adds a lot of work.

Top Bottom