Third brake light placement

gurjeezy

Many of you run aftermarket carriers or delete the tire carrier all together by keeping the spare inside. I know a lot of owners run without a third brake light after removing the stock carrier, but some get creative with the placement of a brake light option. Just wanted to know if any of you did this mod because the only way I can think of is drilling something red and ugly into the tailgate. Lets see them!

The poison spyder is sweet. I might change mine out. There is also a very good video of the install as well. This was of course after I started my project. I added bolt lights to my relocated plate mount and a spot cube above.

With 37" tire and relocation bracket the original 3rd brake light is not linger visible. This one flashes when the brakes are applied. :brows:

IMG_1618.JPG

Last edited:
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1444753918.701604.jpg
TERAFLEX makes a brake light and license plate bracket all in one for about 40 bucks. It's a sweet deal. You use your factory brake light by trimming it off and use the same factory boots behind the light to hold it on to the new bracket it took me 10 min and it looks great

I have the oro light plate thing, works well on my evo carrier. I really like the guys who dont have a hitch and used those holes for their 3rd brake light as well. I was just thinking the other day tho, if you have a factory hitch or one with wiring, you could just run a 3rd brake light there easily with one of the readily available ones most auto stores have.

This is an old pic before lift and tires but you get the idea. I used 2 LED lights mounted in the open lugs of the spare. Just attached to the old wiring of the 3rd brake lite. Super bright.

Attachments

• 1444760865162.jpg
    1444760865162.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 279
Drilled a hole and spliced in a 3rd brake light above the glass. Then proceeded to install a wheel of LEDs mounted to the tire carrier behind the 5th wheel. A couple of disconnects, and I have the choice of what I want to run for the day/night. Easy mod to do.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I chopped up the existing 3rd brake light (removed it from the stock carrier) and installed it on a small section of aluminum angle that's bolted to the vertical post on the AEV tire carrier. Looks damn good I thing. And it only cost a small amount for the bolts (electrical wire for the extension I had laying around).

I chopped up the existing 3rd brake light (removed it from the stock carrier) and installed it on a small section of aluminum angle that's bolted to the vertical post on the AEV tire carrier. Looks damn good I thing. And it only cost a small amount for the bolts (electrical wire for the extension I had laying around).

Sounds cool post up a picture, I am just curious. :thumb:

TERAFLEX makes a brake light and license plate bracket all in one for about 40 bucks. It's a sweet deal. You use your factory brake light by trimming it off and use the same factory boots behind the light to hold it on to the new bracket it took me 10 min and it looks great

Is that the bracket that mounts to the lug nuts? Like this one:
teraflex.jpg

Top Bottom