The wife.

My wife tells me "If I hear you talk about your Jeep one more time..." never followed by good things.

She won't come wheeling either. Says she's afraid to flip over. :rolleyes:

Anyone of you veteran wheelers have any tips on getting the wife involved or am I destined to have the Jeep referred to as the mistress?? :confused:

Sent from my phone while I should probably be getting work done

Encourage her to drive. :yup:

Encourage her to drive. :yup:

This,
Last weekend we did a Jeep poker run and I knew we weren't doin any serious wheeling so I had the wife drive. She still blames every bit of trouble in our lives on the Jeep as she has done with my past 4 Jeeps but I think with some more driving she may just come around. She now wants to meet with my cousin who puts on a Willys event in Moab around Mothers day and I'm hoping his wife helps out with this.

My fiance likes Jeeping as long as we're on the move she hates just sitting around while on the trail. She also likes to drive but drives like a freaking nut, I cringe for my axle and drive shafts, gotta talk to her about that. She is a real outdoor girl and is excited about camping this weekend. She is excited to go wheeling but not as much as the camping part but then again Jeeping is new to her camping she has been doing her entire life. We also had a bad experience in our previous club where neither of us were really excepted into the group and looked down upon because my Jeep wasn't very built up at the time, so she has a dated opinion on Jeepers.

What I think/know is going to happen is this weekend (because she has said if these people we hang with are cool it could totally chagne her opinoion on Jeepers) is when she meets the guys like JKMaddness, KPM, Aeuron, Army Vet, Alan, and all of the other cool Jeepers on this forum she is really going to get to like the way of life more.

Also there is one thing that above all more wives/girlfriends get mad with than anything else and it is how much money we dump into our Jeeps. I have realized that when I compromise on my build timeline for something she wants she appreciates me doing it. She actually really wanted a kitchenaid mixer because she loves to bake so when we both had the extra cash she gave me the ok to order my tires and she ordered her mixer and they arrived on the same day so she was too excited to be irritated at the fact that I spent $1700 on tires.

So basically what this rant is saying is ease her into Jeeping and make sure she doesn't feel like shes coming in 2nd place to your Jeep and I'm sure she'll eventually come around. :yup:

Good luck man :thumb:

Last edited:
I got my fiancé hooked by letting her drive on what she's comfortable with.

We went to Pickens Jeep Fest last year and we went up a fairly steep hill on their obstacle course and all you could see was sky thru the windshield and she loved it, I guess adrenaline lol.

Someone please tell me that woman was to blame for that rollover. To me it looked like she had no idea what she was doing. Just me though. Maybe she did.

There's another video where RIGHT after she takes a 2 Door on bigger tires, older model... a CJ maybe?...on the EXACT same line an it made it. It slid and it hopped, but it made it. She didn't seem to know that a 2 Door old style Jeep and a 4 doo JK are NOT the same thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eu_xSkqwmMU

My fiance likes Jeeping as long as we're on the move she hates just sitting around while on the trail. She also likes to drive but drives like a freaking nut, I cringe for my axle and drive shafts, gotta talk to her about that. She is a real outdoor girl and is excited about camping this weekend. She is excited to go wheeling but not as much as the camping part but then again Jeeping is new to her camping she has been doing her entire life. We also had a bad experience in our previous club where neither of us were really excepted into the group and looked down upon because my Jeep wasn't very built up at the time, so she has a dated opinion on Jeepers.

What I think/know is going to happen is this weekend (because she has said if these people we hang with are cool it could totally chagne her opinoion on Jeepers) is when she meets the guys like JKMaddness, KPM, Aeuron, Army Vet, Alan, and all of the other cool Jeepers on this forum she is really going to get to like the way of life more.

Also there is one thing that above all more wives/girlfriends get mad with than anything else and it is how much money we dump into our Jeeps. I have realized that when I compromise on my build timeline for something she wants she appreciates me doing it. She actually really wanted a kitchenaid mixer because she loves to bake so when we both had the extra cash she gave me the ok to order my tires and she ordered her mixer and they arrived on the same day so she was too excited to be irritated at the fact that I spent $1700 on tires.

So basically what this rant is saying is ease her into Jeeping and make sure she doesn't feel like shes coming in 2nd place to your Jeep and I'm sure she'll eventually come around. :yup:

Good luck man :thumb:
well you know she will have a great time with that crew.

I think she is mostly afraid of THS little gem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5YFMSoEoM0

:munching:

I cant believe no one said wtf are you doing. 101 would be good for her.

Sent from my SPH-L720

Top Bottom