The Weather Thread

kevman65

Hooked
Yup, us too. From 41 degrees high Thursday afternoon to 0 degrees at 5 am Friday morning with wind chills in the -20 to -30.

Now the snow is expected to be around 4", like I side elsewhere less than an honest average white male.

sm31

I thought you’re closer to the arctic than I am lol

Haha! I think there's a guy on here from Fairbanks and that place puts us to shame around here. I think it was -37 last night. God knows what a wind would do under those conditions. 🥶

It's usually a little colder here than in Anchorage... Was about -15 at my house last night. But... NO WIND. Holy crap that makes a difference. I don't care about wind chills or whatever but I'd rather deal with -20 and no wind than 20 degrees and a 20 mph wind. For that matter, we felt that winter was way more "harsh" in WY than here in AK for exactly that reason. Except it was 5 degrees with a 40 mph wind. Lol... man I hated that.

PS: Had some friends move from here to North Dakota last year. It was funny to see a room full of Alaskans full of concern and worry over the winters those people were about to face. 😂

Jsouder53

Hooked
Haha! I think there's a guy on here from Fairbanks and that place puts us to shame around here. I think it was -37 last night. God knows what a wind would do under those conditions. 🥶

It's usually a little colder here than in Anchorage... Was about -15 at my house last night. But... NO WIND. Holy crap that makes a difference. I don't care about wind chills or whatever but I'd rather deal with -20 and no wind than 20 degrees and a 20 mph wind. For that matter, we felt that winter was way more "harsh" in WY than here in AK for exactly that reason. Except it was 5 degrees with a 40 mph wind. Lol... man I hated that.

PS: Had some friends move from here to North Dakota last year. It was funny to see a room full of Alaskans full of concern and worry over the winters those people were about to face. 😂
Oh wow, I believe Fairbanks gets cold.
Wind can be brutal! I hate the cold and wind combo. Luckily we mostly get wind in the summer… I couldn’t imagine a ND winter 🥶

here is what this morning showed.

Attachments

• 653BEA0E-FC18-4A9B-BCA5-54C8A60A0D83.png
    653BEA0E-FC18-4A9B-BCA5-54C8A60A0D83.png
    432.8 KB · Views: 23

kevman65

Hooked
Oh wow, I believe Fairbanks gets cold.
Wind can be brutal! I hate the cold and wind combo. Luckily we mostly get wind in the summer… I couldn’t imagine a ND winter 🥶

here is what this morning showed.

I have a question.

With actual temp being -31 and wind chill being -60,

What the HELL is she smiling about?

Top Bottom