The strange little Jeep thing

harleyjim

Hello, I'm Jim and I am a retired fabricator. I have had a lifelong fascination with steel and odd vehicles. I am currently building a golf cart to use at car shows and swap meets as a pit cart. The stock EV part was cut off and I am in the process of grafting the back half of a 150cc Hammerhead kart onto it. This altered the wheelbase enough that the stock body cant be used, so after pondering on it for a bit I have decided to attempt to build a flat fender body to fit on the chassis. I have done some preliminary measuring and it looks like it might work, it wont be exactly an exact scale replica but I will strive to get it as close as I can. I hope I have chosen the right place to post this if not a moderator can help me out, or out the door, Thanks, Jim.

harleyjim

20220201_123204.jpg
I was in the stock room the other day and saw this golf cart that I had stashed away a couple of years ago.
20220201_130701.jpg
I had put it away for a future project, and started collecting parts along the way. I knew it would become a gas burner but didnt know what that would be.
20210503_223500.jpg
I bought a Hammerhead 150cc cart that the po had hit a tree and sheared off most of the stock front suspension.

harleyjim

20220201_154832.jpg
I stripped the rear section of the Par Car golf cart clean and started measuring.
20220203_174312.jpg
The original idea was to zee step the frame and put the original body back on it.
20220223_192952.jpg
But the wheelbase grew almost nine inches in the rear. I considered moving the crossmember forward some and shortening the swing arm some and making it fit but I wasnt really in love with that body anyway and people that know me would not have approved anyway!
So I sat back and thought about what might work, part of that thought process was that I am 64 years old and am on disability from work injurys so I cant get my big butt in and out of just anything.
20220201_163501.jpg
I have always loved Jeeps.
20220201_163514.jpg
My wife has always had a Jeep and at one point in her life she raced Jeeps on a local track. So that is naturally the direction I first went in.

harleyjim

I am trying to locate two rear wheels to match the two that I have, this will help with several issues I am having up front.
They are 22x10x10 from a hammerhead 150
20220318_122418.jpg
The wheels will look better if all four are the same size and this will allow me to install front brakes.

Top Bottom