The Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center Air and Space Museum

AZVAJKU

Hooked
Not a Jeep trip but something you must see if you ever have a chance. This is an annex for the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum in DC, however it is located adjacent to Dulles Airport in Virginia. I actually like it better than the main museum in DC for several reasons. Better aircraft on display and you do not need to mess around with DC traffic, crime, parking issues, and you won’t get any STD’s. 😂🤣

IMG_2965.jpeg

IMG_2970.jpeg

IMG_2971.jpeg

IMG_2973.jpeg

IMG_2974.jpeg

IMG_2976.jpeg

IMG_2987.jpeg

IMG_2977.jpeg

IMG_2986.jpeg

IMG_2978.jpeg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Awesome pics and beautiful planes and choppers!! Love the F4U Corsair and P-40 Warhawk hanging from the ceiling like they're flying and of course the SR-71 Blackbird is always just gorgeous!

Not a Jeep trip but something you must see if you ever have a chance. This is an annex for the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum in DC, however it is located adjacent to Dulles Airport in Virginia. I actually like it better than the main museum in DC for several reasons. Better aircraft on display and you do not need to mess around with DC traffic, crime, parking issues, and you won’t get any STD’s. 😂🤣

View attachment 406401

View attachment 406402

View attachment 406403

View attachment 406404

View attachment 406405

View attachment 406406

View attachment 406410

View attachment 406407

View attachment 406409

View attachment 406408
Awesome! That spitfire is one of my favorite planes. Corsair is pretty bad ass too.

Very cool! I too had such a fascination with war planes old and new when I was a kid, so much so I regularly visited the air and space museum in Balboa park down here regularly, as well as another military plane museum that used to be on the Miramar base before Covid forced it to close 🙁

Love that shit.. Always enjoy the Midway in San Diego and being able to walk up to the fighters on the flight deck.
Been there multiple times! So cool. Most recently went in October of last year for a company event back when I worked for a GM dealer, they kept giving me shit for trying to wander out onto the deck rather than stay seated to watch some corporate speech and employee appreciation crap lol

jeeeep

Hooked
wow, that takes me back a lot of years; used to go to the DC Smithsonian often when we lived in Maryland.

AZVAJKU

Hooked
Some interesting WW2 era aircraft.
IMG_3007.jpeg

IMG_3006.jpeg

IMG_3028.jpeg

The first military jet. Fortunately for us these were introduced too late in the war too make a difference. Hitler insisted that the jet engine be used for bombers instead of fighters. Luckily the guy was a moron. The few recorded encounters that US Airmen had with these indicated that they were terrifying due to their speed.
IMG_3029.jpeg

This looks really familiar. 🤔
I have seen something like this recently in use by the US. Those sneaky Germans must have copied us.
IMG_3031.jpeg

This is really cool!
IMG_3032.jpeg

Last edited:
Top Bottom