The Special Edition (CoD/10th Anniversery/X/Hard Rock) Thread

On the aev bumper you can hide a quadratec winch in there if you remote mount the solenoid you can use the cover plate

That's kind of cool, although seems somewhat impractical if you have a spooling issue or other issue you would be screwed on the trail, no?

Sent from my iPhone - autocorrect be damned!

That's kind of cool, although seems somewhat impractical if you have a spooling issue or other issue you would be screwed on the trail, no?

Sent from my iPhone - autocorrect be damned!

not sure about the AEV bumber but I am sure there would be room on the 10A/X/HR. You could leave the cover plate on it and keep it hidden and safe from the elements. If there were an issue then you could take the cover plate off and rectify it.

^ this. What is ever practical. I'm working on something that may help you if you want to hide the winch like myself

I completely forgot I snapped this pic... here's a 10A I saw up the street one night. It has the Maximus stinger and a Zeon 10 winch on it:

View attachment 105524

Remlap, would that winch hook anchor fit on the stock fairlead slot for an off-centre winch? Maximus' website says it "works with" a centred winch, but it doesn't actually say that's the only way to mount it. I like the look of that (and it's a useful way to tie off the hook), but if I get a CTI-9.5s that isn't centred I'd want to be sure it would fit.

Also, other than widening the slot in front for the centred fairlead, what else did you need to trim to fit the Zeon 10 on there? If there isn't much more cutting than that it may be what I'll get - plus it would save me a few bucks over the CTI-9.5s that I could use on the stinger.

Sorry to get back to you so late, I was out of town.

I'm not real sure if the fairlead would fit off centered but I would guess yes, I don't see why not.

The only other cutting is to remove the factory vacuum pump bracket, Maximus sells you the new one to fit with the Zeon. Not sure if this is required with the CTI but it seems like the factory one would be in the way of just about anything.

Brown Santa came to visit this week......going to give this a whirl on the HR bumper with a centered winch. Will let you guys know!

2014-12-05 10.55.09.jpg

Brown Santa came to visit this week......going to give this a whirl on the HR bumper with a centered winch. Will let you guys know!

Nice! I've decided I'm going to use the Maximus centred bracket as well, but with the new Zeon Platinum winch they just came out with. Just not sure when I'll pull the trigger on ordering it yet.

Good luck with your install! Please make sure you take some pics, especially showing what / how you need to trim the bumper. I think a lot of us would find them helpful.

Nice! I've decided I'm going to use the Maximus centred bracket as well, but with the new Zeon Platinum winch they just came out with. Just not sure when I'll pull the trigger on ordering it yet.

Good luck with your install! Please make sure you take some pics, especially showing what / how you need to trim the bumper. I think a lot of us would find them helpful.

Definitely! Write up forthcoming!

Looking forward to your write up!

Still torn between keeping the 10a bumper or going with a 1/4 lber so I can run a Powerplant.
And there is the part of me that wants to just cut away and make a powerplant fit in my 10a bumper....

Looking forward to your write up!

Still torn between keeping the 10a bumper or going with a 1/4 lber so I can run a Powerplant.
And there is the part of me that wants to just cut away and make a powerplant fit in my 10a bumper....

I weighed this as well - when I had my last JK the powerplant was the stuff, but honestly with the new air compressors under the hood - I decided to go that route instead so I had something that could air up and run lockers when I get there.

duallys in the 10A bumper

Has anyone has success putting Rigid Duallys as fog lights in a 10A/hard rock/X bumper? I've got a pair lying around and wondering if this is possible. As far as I understand, the rigid fog light conversion kit will not work with the 10A bumper, but i could be wrong. Other than that, i'm finding absolutely nothing on the internet... TIA

Top Bottom