The Slimer Build Thread

Looks Great!! Now Post up the pic's of the tire carrier!! :friends:

Haha, wouldn't have made it through the carrier without you! But, its still at the powder coaters. They finished it today, but they are about an hour away. Won't be able to get it till next Thursday and then I'll be installing it next Friday. Hopefully I'll get my LoD sliders installed soon too. It's a little taller than the last one and I need to get some weight on it!

When you get their front bumper w/stinger, rear carrier with rockskins, long arm lift, axle reinforcements, and various bracketry, EVO throws you a couple bones once in a while...
Front

ForumRunner_20121223_211744.jpg

Rear

ForumRunner_20121223_211802.png

Prepping all the holes for more snow fall before the carrier can get installed... My whole car is coated in damn salt... AZ uses cinders. These Illinois people need to get a clue.

ForumRunner_20121224_154538.png

ForumRunner_20121224_154552.png

It takes a little bit of elbow grease and a crowbar to get the carrier bracket bolts tightened...

ForumRunner_20121229_095217.png

ForumRunner_20121229_095236.png

ForumRunner_20121229_095254.jpg

Driver side tail light wiring.

ForumRunner_20121229_095533.png

Passenger side tail light wiring.

ForumRunner_20121229_095551.png

Keep watching, I'll post up which colors go where when I get the chance. Driver and passenger sides are different....

All that time to prep the skins themselves and the holes, but you use black electrical tape for your wire connections? :thinking:

Come on man! Go get yourself some shrink wrap weatherproof electrical connectors!

All that time to prep the skins themselves and the holes, but you use black electrical tape for your wire connections? :thinking:

Come on man! Go get yourself some shrink wrap weatherproof electrical connectors!

Whoa, whoa, whoa there mister fancy britches! Go easy on Prime8 here.....just because a man assembles a Barbie play town home successfully does not make him a rocket surgeon :bleh: (I saw your other thread Mike!)

Whoa, whoa, whoa there mister fancy britches! Go easy on Prime8 here.....just because a man assembles a Barbie play town home successfully does not make him a rocket surgeon :bleh: (I saw your other thread Mike!)

Oh I beg to differ mi amigo. You know how hard that stuff is to put together? In fact, this morning I had a few more play mobile and polly pocket sets to assemble. I think I'm more than qualified. :idontknow:

Haha, I bought a torch with a soldering tip, solder, and shrink wrap, but I was far too sick of this install by then.

Finally! It's a bitch to open and close, and getting the spare off/on would probably take an hour and two people, but its on!

ForumRunner_20121229_183407.png

ForumRunner_20121229_183427.png

Finally! It's a bitch to open and close, and getting the spare off/on would probably take an hour and two people, but its on!

View attachment 10633

View attachment 10634

Wow!! Looks great!! :thumb:

I will have to say that my little Cindy can open and close ours on Moby and without any problems. Perhaps you need to do some fine tuning. As far as getting the spare off goes, I think an hour with two people is a bit of an exaggeration. I can do it by myself in about 5 min and that includes removing the mounting plate. Of course, getting it back on does require at least one other person (I'm a small guy and lifting a 200 lb 40" tire is a little awkward) but, with the extra help, I can get it back on in about the same amount of time. I can do a 37 all by myself :yup:

Wow!! Looks great!! :thumb:

I will have to say that my little Cindy can open and close ours on Moby and without any problems. Perhaps you need to do some fine tuning. As far as getting the spare off goes, I think an hour with two people is a bit of an exaggeration. I can do it by myself in about 5 min and that includes removing the mounting plate. Of course, getting it back on does require at least one other person (I'm a small guy and lifting a 200 lb 40" tire is a little awkward) but, with the extra help, I can get it back on in about the same amount of time. I can do a 37 all by myself :yup:

Thanks! Haha, I'm 5'11" and 187 pounds. I have been lifting for 8 years and have competed in two bodybuilding competitions while in phoenix. I don't have a problem with weight, but the awkwardness of the tire, combined with the height of the mount makes for a challenging lift... I ended up using some 4x4s and my floor jack. And tightening the lugs with spyderlocks and the carrier in the way was a bit of a challenge also.

I tried playing with the johnny joint length as much as possible (about an hour and a half) but the carrier wasn't square to begin with. If you were to lay the carrier down on the four threaded tube sections, only 3 touched the ground. So any further suggestions would be appreciated.

Here's the drivers side lower hole with the other three pinned down...

ForumRunner_20121229_205417.png

Top Bottom