The PIPPI Project

Suspect

Yup, that's literally all you need. But, we'd like to use this thing as is or close to it for a bit first. :)
I told myself the same thing when I got my JL and I lasted 5 months before I snapped and started ordering stuff šŸ¤£ really looking forward to this build

TrailHunter

Hooked
Very Cool!.... When I see stock Jeeps I don't think about how it "Needs" to be built up... I think about when my Jeep was stock the first 2 years... and how much fun I had in it.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Love the name and where this is going!

canā€™t wait to see the half doors unboxed
Happy to hear you like the name and you know a video is coming on the half doors :)
Great name! Such a cool lil jeep. I really dig that its a manual.
You have brought up a great point. I fell in love with jeeping in a stockish jeep. I built it up out of wants.
A basic jeep is more than capable of memorable adventures.
I'm looking forward to the videos of Pippi along the way.
Awesome! We weren't sure if people would get the name but it really spoke to us, especially for this project. Glad you're looking forward to this!
I love it. Your video was excellent and I honestly thought you were getting a 392. But you canā€™t use words like ā€œtoplessā€ or ā€œhalf doorsā€ anymore because those things have been cancelled.
LOL - we literally had comments blocked on IG because people used the word "tranny" when describing our manual. So completely ridiculous. :rolleyes:
Congratulations on the new Jeep! Iā€™m looking forward to seeing more. Somewhat reminds me of my own. Mostly stockish with most of the mods being DIY projects.
Thank you and very cool :)
Looking forward to seeing this take shape. Short wheel base, Manual and half doors kinda makes me miss my old TJ.
Thinking about our old TJ was in part, why we decided to get this :)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I told myself the same thing when I got my JL and I lasted 5 months before I snapped and started ordering stuff šŸ¤£ really looking forward to this build
LOL - it is a slippery slope. And, never said we wouldn't modify this Jeep, just that we would keep it stockish :)
Very Cool!.... When I see stock Jeeps I don't think about how it "Needs" to be built up... I think about when my Jeep was stock the first 2 years... and how much fun I had in it.
Well said my friend (y)

Aloy

This next set of photos are of the interior.
20210531142219-aecfdcd1-me.jpg

20210531142225-4d71cb5d-me.jpg

It's strange to see a black and white EVIC and gauges for fuel and temp.
20210531142447-37b5a2a9-me.jpg

20210531142451-bf5aad75-me.jpg

Even the basic radio is presented in black and whitish even though it does serve as a back up camera screen in color.
20210531142454-d2d9d654-me.jpg

As you can see, the shift lever has a safety that you have to pull up on in order to get into reverse.
20210531142328-08ed0ea1-me.jpg

20210531142518-2cb97359-me.jpg

20210531142240-c8849014-me.jpg

Here's a couple of shots that show just how packed in the half doors were.
20210531142302-399a9715-me.jpg

20210531142306-032a2149-me.jpg

And again, a few shots of the back opened up.
20210531142805-a0ab12fa-me.jpg

20210531142809-90ea7f75-me.jpg
Canā€™t wait to see pippi in action

Jibblish

Canā€™t wait to see what adventures you guys go with this little Jeep! I think doing most of the upgrades from used parts is a very good idea too. It can be pretty daunting to people who donā€™t have as much pocket change seeing all these jeeps with 40s and every little goodie you could dream of. There are tons of great parts for JLs and JKs you can find basically brand new, I was able to get a set of rubicon rock sliders for my sport for just $50! I canā€™t imagine finding rubicon fenders and maybe wheels would be too hard or expensive

Brute

Hooked
An interesting concept...and as far as Jeep is concerned, an unfamiliar one to me, since the three jeeps Iā€™ve owned were never stock when I got to drive them first.

JAGS

Hooked
Love it. I keep thinking Iā€™m going to build up my JL. Iā€™ve even gone as far as having parts in my cart. But honestly, these JLs are something awesome stock. Been able to take myself and family out on many trails and destinations. With life being crazy the last year and a few before that, itā€™s so true you donā€™t need a rock crawler to have fun.

If you are looking to get out and explore, hit me up. Silver and red are good combos. šŸ˜ŽšŸ˜‰

egralia

Nice addition. Can wait to see what it can do. My last jeep was a plain 4dr and was surprised on how just a simple lift and tires can do. I traded it in for a 2dr red jl willys and it only has a lift.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Canā€™t wait to see what adventures you guys go with this little Jeep! I think doing most of the upgrades from used parts is a very good idea too. It can be pretty daunting to people who donā€™t have as much pocket change seeing all these jeeps with 40s and every little goodie you could dream of. There are tons of great parts for JLs and JKs you can find basically brand new, I was able to get a set of rubicon rock sliders for my sport for just $50! I canā€™t imagine finding rubicon fenders and maybe wheels would be too hard or expensive
So glad to hear you're excited about this new project of ours :)
An interesting concept...and as far as Jeep is concerned, an unfamiliar one to me, since the three jeeps Iā€™ve owned were never stock when I got to drive them first.
LOL - and honestly, that's awesome.
Awesome name and I canā€™t wait to see what you do with Pippi! This is going to be a fun build to follow for sure!
Glad you like the name and glad you're excited to follow our adventures with her :)
Love it. I keep thinking Iā€™m going to build up my JL. Iā€™ve even gone as far as having parts in my cart. But honestly, these JLs are something awesome stock. Been able to take myself and family out on many trails and destinations. With life being crazy the last year and a few before that, itā€™s so true you donā€™t need a rock crawler to have fun.

If you are looking to get out and explore, hit me up. Silver and red are good combos. šŸ˜ŽšŸ˜‰
Nothing wrong with building up a Jeep. Even this one will see some help, we just want to keep it within reason. :)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Nice addition. Can wait to see what it can do. My last jeep was a plain 4dr and was surprised on how just a simple lift and tires can do. I traded it in for a 2dr red jl willys and it only has a lift.
Very cool! šŸ‘
Pretty stoked for this. As a 2 door owner it's hard to find much of anything content wise for a 2 door.
Well, we're looking forward to help filling in that gap :)
I actually think this will be fun, go see what that lil stocker can do.
Awesome! Of course, we always wheel within our means so we hope we don't disappoint too much with what we do :)

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Pippi looks great and I enjoy the motivation behind it. Like all the others have said, I can't wait to see what you do with it. Both in adventures and Mods!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Pippi looks great and I enjoy the motivation behind it. Like all the others have said, I can't wait to see what you do with it. Both in adventures and Mods!
Thank you my friend. Hope to share more soon :)

treys1

My first "modern" Jeep back in 2010 was a fresh new 2011 2Door Sport. Before I went crazy with it, a budget boost and 35's got me to places I would have never imagined a passenger vehicle would go. Things have come a LONG way since my first Jeep when I was a teenager ('76 CJ5).

With your wheeling experience, you'll take Pippi places I'm sure not many people would expect it could.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
My first "modern" Jeep back in 2010 was a fresh new 2011 2Door Sport. Before I went crazy with it, a budget boost and 35's got me to places I would have never imagined a passenger vehicle would go. Things have come a LONG way since my first Jeep when I was a teenager ('76 CJ5).

With your wheeling experience, you'll take Pippi places I'm sure not many people would expect it could.
Well, as I mentioned earlier, I've always been one to wheel within my means. I do hope to get out and have fun for sure but hope people understand that we won't be running things like the Hammer trails or anything like that :D

Top Bottom