The never-ending 'wave' discussion thread

All but giving up on Jeep wave...till today

My wave is super funny.
I always run my jk with the windows down and my arm out and when I see another wrangler. I give them the super wave all my arm up in the air point at them and give them the wave. But they just LTFO, only 6% wave back :/

Branks ...
WAYALIFE mobile app

My ratio is about 10 to 1. Although I have started to get selective.

Stock Jeep's rarely get a wave from me anymore, but if I see some big tires or other mods I'll give them a wave.

The other day my wife was giving me crap about not getting wave backs, and just as the words were coming out of her mouth I got a wave back. Best wave back ever!

I was driving through a neighborhood today and passed by a house with a little kid and his mom outside. The kid was driving a power wheels Jeep and as I passed by he threw me a big fat over-the-windshield jeep wave lol I promptly returned the wave, smiled, and kept driving. I know the first thing I'm buying my kid someday.

Shoot. I just wave. Some wave back. Some don't. No worries here. Just keep waving :thumb:

My ratio is about 10 to 1. Although I have started to get selective.

Stock Jeep's rarely get a wave from me anymore, but if I see some big tires or other mods I'll give them a wave.

The other day my wife was giving me crap about not getting wave backs, and just as the words were coming out of her mouth I got a wave back. Best wave back ever!

Yep........lol wife's need to be reminded sometimes its a jeep thing as well. Mine thinks I'm crazy.

Last thought.....you guys waving to ALL jeep models or just CJ, YJ, TJ, JK, JKU's??? I mean do the XJ's and Grand Cherokees get love as well?

Personally I tend to wave to all Jeeps.

Last thought.....you guys waving to ALL jeep models or just CJ, YJ, TJ, JK, JKU's??? I mean do the XJ's and Grand Cherokees get love as well?

Personally I tend to wave to all Jeeps.

I wave to all the above but only Cherokees if they are built. A little hypocritical due to the lack of parts on mine, but oh we'll :p

Where I live no one waves only a selected few I get maybe one wave a month but I keep waving, its the greatest feeling ever when you get waved back!

Driving home today on the freeway I see a TJ coming up from behind me on the left. It gets to the point where it is next to me and I throw out a wave.

It was a woman and her son. Tbh I don't know if they waved back. She was smokin'!!!!!

I think I had temporary blindness and luckily did not crash.

Anyways, stay wavy my friends?

Re: All but giving up on Jeep wave...till today

My wife is jealous of the wave she has a Commander, and she tells me you have the wave in your Jeep and on the Harley it's not fair. It is funny the looks I get when I wave in her Jeep, but hell it's force of habit:beer:

2011 JKU 3.5 R.E. Longarm lift.

I was ready to give it up when I started this thread....weather is a lot nicer now...tho most of the Jeeps I am seeing are still running all closed up it is good to see that many many more are catching on to the wave here in Podunk AZ. Or maybe they just happy to see the doors do come off. Lol

My wife is jealous of the wave she has a Commander, and she tells me you have the wave in your Jeep and on the Harley it's not fair. It is funny the looks I get when I wave in her Jeep, but hell it's force of habit:beer:

2011 JKU 3.5 R.E. Longarm lift.

Used to get lots of waves from Harley riders, but that slacked off the last few years. Guess they were afraid they'd drop their tools. Jeep owners do a fair job of representing the brand around here. It's catching on. I like it.:thumb:

I get waves from Bikers all the time. We wave at any Wrangler model, or modded up cherokee. Get alot of female attn and dirty glares from boyfriends/husbands....even if my wife is with me.

Yep........lol wife's need to be reminded sometimes its a jeep thing as well. Mine thinks I'm crazy.

My wife thinks the same thing. She says that I am making it all up about the wave. I wave whenever I see a Jeep. I get one in return sometimes, sometimes I don't. It doesn't matter, it's a Jeep thing.

I think it should be listed on the front page of the owner's manual: "When approaching another Jeep, WAVE!

Every morning I pass the same jeeps and we always wave ;) There's just something about a jeep wave that puts a smile on my face :standing wave:

It's tough in Vegas. Lotsa jeeps, little waves. We were coming off a trail the other day and waved to a Lifted Doorless TJ who glared at us from across the road. :thinking:

Still haven't figured that one out :icon_crazy:

^^You're driving a JK which isn't a "real" jeep. :crazyeyes:

Top Bottom