The Metamorphosis of MumboJumbo

Just couldn't go back to work tomorrow night without getting a little dusty and seeing a few trees. Have decided to move the air bumps closer to the top of the to-get list. But flying down the fire roads to Bald Mountain Trail, (I go the back way from my house), was a whole new experience with the coilovers. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1403324160.967975.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1403324224.064543.jpg

Mumbo's lookin awesome! You gotta take me up there when you get back we'll drag conman with us :thumb:

Sweet build! Okay I have been a Jeeper for years but am learning gear now. What is the advantage of coil overs verse a regular set up. I apologize for the question if its really basic.

'11 Mango Tango Unlimited.
American by Birth, Veteran so my family lives free.

Sweet build! Okay I have been a Jeeper for years but am learning gear now. What is the advantage of coil overs verse a regular set up. I apologize for the question if its really basic.

'11 Mango Tango Unlimited.
American by Birth, Veteran so my family lives free.

Probably the two that stand out the most is the amount of flex they allow and I can go much faster now off-road and it feels like you're floating on a cloud. I haven't had the chance to experience it in person, but I'm told the Double Throw Down system is even better than what I have.

How are you liking the axle set up so far?

2014 JKUR

Well, they are beefier than stock but the RockJocks aren't as easy to work with as I had hoped. I had to literally butcher a set of EVO Rockstars to make them fit for the coilover install. Probably the worst thing I've found with them so far is that Currie makes their RockJocks without a drain plug, what a PIA it is to change the gear oil in it as the diff cover is tipped forward. Also, bearings and seals are Currie Specific, can't just go to PepBoys (Larry, Moe, and Curly), to buy them.

Well, they are beefier than stock but the RockJocks aren't as easy to work with as I had hoped. I had to literally butcher a set of EVO Rockstars to make them fit for the coilover install. Probably the worst thing I've found with them so far is that Currie makes their RockJocks without a drain plug, what a PIA it is to change the gear oil in it as the diff cover is tipped forward. Also, bearings and seals are Currie Specific, can't just go to PepBoys (Larry, Moe, and Curly), to buy them.

Wow that does sound like they are a pain to work with. I imagine you had to get a small pump to help with the gear oil changes. And I am too familiar with the three stooges auto store. Personally, I've had nothing but bad experiences with them and avoid them at all costs. :p

2014 JKUR

Top Bottom