The long and slow build of "................"

I ordered the evo front shock relocation bracket because the Rancho RS9000XL shock body is a bit bigger then the fox 2.0 ifp I had. It just arrived today. Screenshot_2017-06-22-12-58-24-1.png
What I was wondering is has anyone had any issues with them at the top of the shock tower with them being at an angle? The Rancho isolators are a lot thicker then the fox ones so I was just curious if anyone has experienced any issues? Also it seems it may move them closer to the break lines. Thank you all in advance for the help. Here is a picture for reference the picture is without the relocation brackets installed yet20170620_181335.jpg

Sent from my LG-H900 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I installed the Metal Cloak relocation brackets with my RS9000's with no issue. I went with MC because the bottom mount gets rotated 90* so there's no binding during flex. The geometry change made more sense to me.

Just did the 500 mile break in fluid change on my diffs. Drained the fluid and everything looked great. Magnet plug was glittery. No chunks or shavings so I didn't pull the cover. Everything is running great so far.

Last edited:
Got the evo relocation brackets on tonight. Not sure what to do with the break line bracket so I just zip tied it where I can. Also one side has washers on the shock bolt that goes through the eye and one side does not. The reason is the washers seem to not give the bolt enough bite so I may take them off or get longer bolts. Also thanks to Catahoula for the high lift mount. I didn't get a chance tonight to install it But may do so tomorrow night. 20170627_190632.jpg20170627_190750.jpg20170627_214532.jpg20170627_214542.jpg20170627_214614.jpg20170627_214621.jpg

Nice! Brakes are always fun to do. You're rubbing your current tires or you're prepping for new ones?

Sent from my SM-N915P using WAYALIFE mobile app
Yes and yes! Haha. With my quick disconnects at mid flex I rub the sway bar bolt so when wheeling I kept having to unbolt the sway bar end links which defeat the purpose of quick disconnects. I am also prepping for 37s when the money and the right price comes up.

When using the red loktite how long should I wait before driving the jeep. I know it sets in 10 min but full cure times is 24hrs. I did not use a torque wrench to torque but instead used a big breaker bar and torqued them as tight as possible with loktite.

When using the red loktite how long should I wait before driving the jeep. I know it sets in 10 min but full cure times is 24hrs. I did not use a torque wrench to torque but instead used a big breaker bar and torqued them as tight as possible with loktite.

Dude, 90 ft/lbs. too tight is as bad as not tight enough. I always OCD about having everything torqued down properly.
As far a locktite I think you good right away. When I put my spacers on last weekend I jumped in my jeep as soon as I was done and took it for a 20 miles trip to work and 20 mile back within like 3-4hrs. I took one wheel off to check if the spacers were still tight, and it was all good. Then the following day o took it for a 200 mile trip to the off-road park, wheeled all day and drove 200 miles back. I haven't checked them since. I am assuming it's all good.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Using a breaker bar could make your lugs too tight and lead to failure of the studs. Go to harbor Freight and get a torque wrench. 20 bux well spent.

Dude, 90 ft/lbs. too tight is as bad as not tight enough. I always OCD about having everything torqued down properly.
As far a locktite I think you good right away. When I put my spacers on last weekend I jumped in my jeep as soon as I was done and took it for a 20 miles trip to work and 20 mile back within like 3-4hrs. I took one wheel off to check if the spacers were still tight, and it was all good. Then the following day o took it for a 200 mile trip to the off-road park, wheeled all day and drove 200 miles back. I haven't checked them since. I am assuming it's all good.

Yea I'm ocd about things being torqued also. But then again I have never had a torque wrench nor have I had an issue with a bolt coming loose or a stud breaking. Let's see what happens. I hope all goes well. And thank you. I just want to make sure it cures enough and doesn't run out of the bolt.

Top Bottom