The Evolution of ENVY Build

SDG

Caught the Bug
So how did you wash the seat covers? I have a set for the rear of my jeep and figure after 3 years and lots of dust they could use a washing.

Sent from my SM-G955U using WAYALIFE mobile app

JAGS

Hooked
So how did you wash the seat covers? I have a set for the rear of my jeep and figure after 3 years and lots of dust they could use a washing.

Shit, sorry Garrett. Just happened to see this as I was going to post a question.

Did a pre machine wash with cold water and woolite. Did a few pieces at a time.

Once done, let them air dry to see what stains were tough. Then used combination of shout and oxyclean and some scrub brushes to get the cleaner into the fabric where the worst stains were. Let sit, scrub again. Rinse and rinse again with hose as the fabric seemed to want to hold the cleaners.

If you don't have stains, could probably skip the pre wash and just rinse the dirt with a hose.

Brute

Hooked
Shit, sorry Garrett. Just happened to see this as I was going to post a question.

Did a pre machine wash with cold water and woolite. Did a few pieces at a time.

Once done, let them air dry to see what stains were tough. Then used combination of shout and oxyclean and some scrub brushes to get the cleaner into the fabric where the worst stains were. Let sit, scrub again. Rinse and rinse again with hose as the fabric seemed to want to hold the cleaners.

If you don't have stains, could probably skip the pre wash and just rinse the dirt with a hose.

Were the worst stains in the driver's seat...right around the middle?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
If you don't have stains, the jeep is not being used to its full potential. FYI, doors off gives more room ;)

JAGS

Hooked
Every now and then I work on my own shit. Lol. The way these resistors come from maxxima is a QC design flaw. The fix is better connecting and soldiering to the wires to the resistor eyelets. [emoji106]

IMG_3430.jpg

JAGS

Hooked
Nice fix! Is that a drywall screw holding the resistor in place? [emoji6]

Lol. It came in the kit from the 12 volt guys. [emoji23]

It's not a drywall screw, but I didn't want to run to the store for one metal screw.

The one that was on there broke in the hole when removing the resister. [emoji85]

Brute

Hooked

It's not a drywall screw, but I didn't want to run to the store for one metal screw.

The one that was on there broke in the hole when removing the resister. [emoji85]

Are you saying that the screw resisted while being removed when removing the resistor?...(I couldn't resist)...

TrailHunter

Hooked

Sometimes you have to go with Plan B.

Ddays

Hooked
Mine came apart too - solder melted off and they fell off. I ordered a set twice as big because they get so damn hot and made little aluminum mounts for them. So far so good.

JAGS

Hooked
Mine came apart too - solder melted off and they fell off. I ordered a set twice as big because they get so damn hot and made little aluminum mounts for them. So far so good.

I've found threading the wire through the eyelet then soldering seems to work pretty good. They are screwed to the inside wall to help disperse heat and keep them from bouncing around.

Suckers do get damn hot. Post up which one you ordered if you don't mind. [emoji106]

Ddays

Hooked
I've found threading the wire through the eyelet then soldering seems to work pretty good. They are screwed to the inside wall to help disperse heat and keep them from bouncing around.

Suckers do get damn hot. Post up which one you ordered if you don't mind. [emoji106]

Sure, here you go. They're only $5.39/pair on Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B004EDF8HY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Here's a comparison pic and the little cheesy aluminum mounts I made up. Figured the aluminum would act as a heat sink & draw some heat away plus they wouldn't be hanging on the wires anymore.

r2.jpg

r3.jpg

r4.jpg

r5.jpg

SDG

Caught the Bug
I was screwing around with mine this weekend as well because they both went out again. Got so hot they reflowed the solder, burnt through some heat shrink and adjacent wire jacket...

Was going to make a heat sink, and then found this in the scrap bin from an old project haha.

I am ditching the solder, and doing a mechanical fastener with crimps to avoid further headache.

20171106_104004.jpg 20171106_104029.jpg

Obviously not using the aluminum as is... Haha have to cut a bit smaller.

JAGS

Hooked

That is one hell of a resistor. On the maxxima wiring there is white on one side and red on the other. Hmmmm, wonder why it's different.

I was screwing around with mine this weekend as well because they both went out again. Got so hot they reflowed the solder, burnt through some heat shrink and adjacent wire jacket...

Was going to make a heat sink, and then found this in the scrap bin from an old project haha.

I am ditching the solder, and doing a mechanical fastener with crimps to avoid further headache.

View attachment 282250 View attachment 282251

Obviously not using the aluminum as is... Haha have to cut a bit smaller.

Just because you're tall as fuck doesn't mean you need more aluminum. Lol.

Interested to see these mechanical fasteners with crimps though. That sound cool for when the next resistor goes out.

Top Bottom