The Deuce

Couple updates. Seems that I've found my squeaking noise or at least I hope. The pipe coming out of the muffler was loose and moved the tailpipe about an inch forward hitting the rear bumper. Added this clamp to help. After about a day, the other side is now loose so I'll have to fix that today. Both local auto stores were out of the 2.5 clamps.

20181111_160716.jpg

Added some Ch4x4 switches. One was damaged so I'll have to return it. And I couldn't for the life of me find the dimmer wire so they would light up at night. I tied every orange wire behind the dash but I'll try again later.

20181116_115444.jpg

Installed a belly cam, stole the idea from black pearl. I'll use it this weekend and hopefully won't knock it off. I couldn't find a good place for it with the aftermarket skid plate.

20181116_115537.jpg20181116_120112.jpg

Installed some core 4x4 FCAs. My caster was off about 1-2 degrees. This fixed it and can definitely tell a difference in the ride or it's just in my mind.

20181103_151410.jpg

Still waiting on the winch to be fixed. At least I got a date on the part, should be here.next Wednesday.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I have mine installed that way also (adjuster and JJ frame side, rubber bushing axle side). I wanted to keep the jam nut and threads up off the ground a little higher. As long as the bend goes in and your tires clear I don't think it really matters... There's some debate on the JJ location (axle vs frame) and noise transfer and flex, but it shouldn't cause any issues.

Maybe Core has a different idea then. Are both ends JJs?

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407
No I went with their tier 3. JJ and their flex joint. But I read a couple different install procedures from different manufacturers and said the same thing, adjustable on frame side. I couldn't find any instructions on their website but figured it was all the same.

I have mine installed that way also (adjuster and JJ frame side, rubber bushing axle side). I wanted to keep the jam nut and threads up off the ground a little higher. As long as the bend goes in and your tires clear I don't think it really matters... There's some debate on the JJ location (axle vs frame) and noise transfer and flex, but it shouldn't cause any issues.
Oh okay. Whew, really didn't want to change the orientation.

What?! Everything I read said frame side. I don't think I'll have time to move it. Will it hurt.anything in that position?

No I went with their tier 3. JJ and their flex joint. But I read a couple different install procedures from different manufacturers and said the same thing, adjustable on frame side. I couldn't find any instructions on their website but figured it was all the same.

I run the Core Tier 3s as well. I run mine just like yours and have had no issues. I've heard either way as well. I'm not sure, but it's worked for me.

Finally got my warn zeon back from repairs. They installed a conversion on the handle so now it turns only at 90 degrees instead of 180 which I like better. Stinks that it took 3 months but at least everything is fixed now.
20181129_123533.jpg
Found a great deal on a stinger that goes with my bumper so I got a chance to add that recently.
20181129_115453.jpg
I sadly got some trail damage on my rear driver door. It was slick and slammed right into a rock. I almost took all my doors off that day, I'll definitely run doorless every time now. 20181129_123511.jpg20181118_110306.jpg

So I decided to sell my zeon and buy an 8274 to put on the front. I'll have to modify my bumper a little by cutting off the current winch mount but shouldnt be too difficult. It's an OE from a previous jeep and I'm so stocked to open her up and get her serviced and put it to use. The label is pretty worn but I found a guy who reprints them so thinking about replacing it or just keeping it the way it is. I'll definitely need to clean up the rust. received_308021253377317.jpegreceived_986227651585145.jpegreceived_290244384932697.jpegreceived_2330000017234552.jpeg

So I decided to sell my zeon and buy an 8274 to put on the front. I'll have to modify my bumper a little by cutting off the current winch mount but shouldnt be too difficult. It's an OE from a previous jeep and I'm so stocked to open her up and get her serviced and put it to use. The label is pretty worn but I found a guy who reprints them so thinking about replacing it or just keeping it the way it is. I'll definitely need to clean up the rust. View attachment 315933View attachment 315934View attachment 315935View attachment 315936

I have to ask. Why would you put that on a JK?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom