The Butters JK Build

Thanks everyone, I'm really liking the new look too :)

Looks great dude! Those rock knobs are the SHIT!! I absolutely love them!!! Are they one-off's?

http://www.rocknob.com You can buy them from a few different places. Each one is unique, real river rocks. I think I got mine on Quadratec. Had them on my YJ too, awesome feel in your hand.

Muffler Heat Shield

Advice? Posted this up in another thread, but it's from 2014 so I thought I'd stick it here too.
What did you end up doing with this? I'm having that issue now. I thought I would just put some big washers over the bolts, but once I got under there I saw that may not be an option. I couldn't get the nuts off to save my life. Maybe just drill new holes with new longer bolts? (sprayed them with PB, that's why they're wet)
heatshield1.jpg
heatshield2.jpg

Last edited:
EVO Disconnect

Getting closer!
rubiSB.jpg
Previous owner cut off the bar for the rubber stabilizer that was attached to the bushing retainer; $67 to replace :eek: Going to see if I can get some help to weld the bar on somewhere. Then I wouldn't have to drill out the disconnect to flip it (to clear the 1/4 pounder), we'll see.

New Front Sway Bar

RubiSBEVO.jpg
RubiSBEVO2.jpg
RubiSBEVO3.jpg
Going to switch out the hanger next week to get a little better clearance on the disconnect.

New U-Joint

Swapped out the driver's side axle shaft U-joint. Had a little trouble, so I started a new thread. Got it up and running in the end though!
ujoint.jpg

EVO Oil Pan Skid

Before:
oilBefore.jpg
After:
oilAfter.jpg
oilAfter2.jpg
Also got my tires balanced and flushed my brake fluid:
shop.jpgshop2.jpg

Last edited:
Fixed the rear sway bar bolts and put it back in. Also repainted my transfer case skid on a whim, turned out pretty good :)

Attachments

• 1472955977918.jpg
    1472955977918.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 263
  • 1472956049591.jpg
    1472956049591.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 256
Antifreeze/Coolant Flush

Got a little paranoid about the coolant in Butters so I did a flush... and another, and another, and another...
1st Flush:
coolantFlush.jpg
coolant.jpg
2nd Flush:
coolant2.jpg
3rd Flush:
coolant3.jpg
The 4th flush finally started to look like water, but I got tired of taking pictures since it was taking all day.
Then did a final flush and filled it up with some good 'ol HOAT.

Out of curiosity, and because I am debating on how I want to mount mine, what did you mount your hi-lift jack with.

Out of curiosity, and because I am debating on how I want to mount mine, what did you mount your hi-lift jack with.

Chain link fence hardware and a steel bar between the roll bars. Started with too-thin metal and put some 1/4" scrap in as a spacer...
jackMount.jpg
No rattles, really sturdy. I'm considering using something a little stronger between the roll bars, but it works well as is.

Just to add, I would highly recommend an INTERIOR mount. No one wants to use a rusty, muddy jack... or pay for a neoprene cover that costs half as much as the jack and looks worse than the jack :rolleyes2:

EVO Plush Rides

Put some 2" EVO plush rides in the front last night. (Thanks Dirk!) I got a little over 3" lift, it leveled Butters out nicely and rides great so far.
EVOPlushVSJKUR.jpg
EVOPlushHeightBefore.jpg
EVOPlushHeight.jpg
EVOPlush.jpg

Top Bottom