The Building of the Banana Jeep

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
Well, it’s been about a year since I’ve updated this thread. A lot has changed in a year. I sold that old Toyota I had, it was cool but it was super ugly. I ended up buying a 1999 Jeep Cherokee with a 6” lift, 33s, lincoln locked. It’s purpose it to be my new river Jeep.

As far as my TJ goes, I recently put a new suspension on. A buddy had it laying around, told me it was a 4” kit. Because my motor is lighter than a 4.0, and I gained about an inch from the 8.8 swap, it really sits at about 5-5.5”. Speaking of which, we put a 8.8 in from a Ford Explorer. Way stronger than the old Dana 35 it’s replacing. We also did a Teraflex Megashort SYE, new driveshaft, HP30 front axle, 5.13 gears, and Spartan lockers. Taking it out on January 1st for a shakedown run.

13E62755-EA55-4266-9480-C749459035C7.jpg

9D1B5ED7-3D99-484E-BCF4-017FB35007A4.jpg

BA274523-A6E7-48E7-BFFC-C0128096B2BD.jpg

Looks good, I’m jealous I don’t have more friends with lift kit parts laying around. The setup I want costs more than the damn Jeep did ha. Did you put the c clip eliminator on the 8.8?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
Looks good, I’m jealous I don’t have more friends with lift kit parts laying around. The setup I want costs more than the damn Jeep did ha. Did you put the c clip eliminator on the 8.8?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

No I did not. I thought about it, but I trailer my Jeep, so if I snap an axle shaft I just need to get back to the trailer. 99% of the off-roading I do is in a park. The other 1% is on a trail somewhere, where I can usually get my trailer to the trailhead. That said, 8.8 parts are everywhere and I’ve already pulled a few extra axle shafts. If I were to break one where I needed to replace it on the trail to get out, I would have it with me to begin with.

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
My wheeling plans for the weekend got cancelled. So that sucks. Since I'm stuck in the house right now due to Corona Virus, I have decided to update this thread with more pictures. Hooray.

My Jeep funds have been low recently, because I bought a new truck. I love the new truck, the smaller cab/bigger bed is way nice.

IMG_4342.jpg

A few months back, mom bought a new Toyota 4Runner. It's not a Jeep, but it's still pretty sweet. With only 200 miles on it, we took a trip to South Dakota for a few days.

IMG_6253.jpg

IMG_2880.jpg

IMG_9627.jpg

I also decided to ditch my old plates, and replace with something new.

IMG_3966.jpg

And not even a day later, a nice gentleman with the local Sheriff's office wanted to get to know me.

IMG_4007.jpg

Well, that's all I have for now. Hopefully I can go back to a normal life soon, because sitting at home all day is driving me insane! :)

IMG_3929.jpg

Ddays

Hooked
^^ :cheesy:

Those 4Runners are pretty nice. I briefly toyed with getting one as my daily but the lure of the new JL and what I could do with it was just too much for me.
Nice truck BTW.

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
Another fine example of “Brute’s School Of Posting Pics”...carry on...

Just turn your phone or computer screen, I’m not smart enough to rotate. Lol.

^^ :cheesy:

Those 4Runners are pretty nice. I briefly toyed with getting one as my daily but the lure of the new JL and what I could do with it was just too much for me.
Nice truck BTW.

It’s a nice ride, super comfy to travel in. Thank you!

JKbrick

A buddy of mine has a 4tunner trd or something and we put coil overs on it and a 1” body lift. I’d have to admit it seems to be built pretty heavy duty

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom