The building of knuckles

Dropped the half doors off at paint today. Had a slight delay as I found a defect in one of the rear doors that I decided I couldn't live with. Dealing with RR was a piece of cake. They had new ones shipped out the next day and I put the old ones back in the box with a pre-paid UPS label.

Decided against painting them myself because I have neither the time nor the patience to do it correctly any time soon. :yup:

Oh and my paint guy said doing the handles white would be a pain in the ass, so I guess I am going to have to live with asymmetrical door handles. :grayno:

Cant wait to see them. I know Craigs looked pretty good un painted so I will be curious to see them painted.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Dropped knuckles off this morning so they could shoot some samples and make sure the paint matched perfectly. One step close to having them done. :thumb:

Unfortunately, I just checked the weather and there is a 70% chance of rain/snow this weekend. :grayno:

Is it too late to order some ACE engineering "Lava jackets"? :icon_crazy: I am thinking that piece of gear would also work in the summer with the air conditioning pumping into :rock:

Not a bad idea. As MTG's pic shows, we got some snow last night. It is supposed to be in the 80's by Thursday. The weather on this side of the Sierras is never dull.

That's the second good idea you've had this week. :yup:

I am going to buy powerball and mega millions ticket today! :rock:

Edit: reference first good idea earlier this week. I was looking at the handles and just noticed they can be unbolted from the skin. Might be worth investigating a further breakdown as opposed to just masking off the area around the handle.

Last edited:
Saw a couple cars coming up from Carson this morning. Looks like you might have got a little more than us. :idontknow:

It was coming down pretty good last night but everything around my house is already melted. I just checked the weather and it's supposed to be in the 80's later on in the week - totally nuts :crazyeyes:

Edit: reference first good idea earlier this week. I was looking at the handles and just noticed they can be unbolted from the skin. Might be worth investigating a further breakdown as opposed to just masking off the area around the handle.

Aren't they riveted in place?

It was coming down pretty good last night but everything around my house is already melted. I just checked the weather and it's supposed to be in the 80's later on in the week - totally nuts :crazyeyes:

Welcome to Northern Nevada! I've seen it snow in July before (I'm sure you have too). :yup:

Aren't they riveted in place?

Yes, you are correct :doh: it was 8am as I was walking through the garage (without contacts in) and caught the handles in my peripheral blurry vision and decided what are actually rivets, were Phillips head screws and could be disassembled. Oh well, two out three ideas this week were deemed good :thumb:

Top Bottom