The building of GR8WHITE2.0 aka The Silver Piece

GR8WHITE

Unfortunately didn't work on the jeep today but i did order a different power steering cooler (long story). And ordered seats! Ended up getting 2 Corbeau baja ultra with a mix of vinyl and cloth. Hopefully they will be in pretty soon and I can really start getting the cage and back half going. Plan on directly mounting them to the cage. Another teaser pic of jeep and seats ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1476577285.717879.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1476577294.818419.jpg

Last edited:

thereich

This build really bloated muh goat, until the tub was cut. But thats why its your build :thumb:. None the less, you have a pile of awesome parts and will have one true crawling machine. I admire the ability to say "FK IT" and go. I now feel a lot better about beating around my 30 on 35's.

GR8WHITE

This build really bloated muh goat, until the tub was cut. But thats why its your build :thumb:. None the less, you have a pile of awesome parts and will have one true crawling machine. I admire the ability to say "FK IT" and go. I now feel a lot better about beating around my 30 on 35's.
I went back and fourth a while trying to decide whether to cut the tub or not. Decided to save the weight and the pain of trying to fit everything around it. Don't really regret cutting it yet but i think I'm gonna miss the jk lines a little. But all go and no show is my goal with this jeep! [emoji106]🏻

GR8WHITE

Worked on the jeep some today. Full hydro is pretty much completely plumbed. (Other than cooler bc I ordered another one) And I start taking brake lines and other junk off the back getting ready for back half. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1476651771.884464.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1476651785.441374.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1476651834.440537.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1476651853.799959.jpg

GR8WHITE

Worked on the Jeep for a while on Monday and a little on Tuesday to decide that I'm not gonna use anything I made. Wasn't happy with the direction I was heading and long story short I'm gonna completely flat bell the jeep. Ordered some d.o.m. bushing sleeves that I will use use to make a new Trans crossmember that will sit higher than the factory crossmember and not hang under the frame at all. Will raise the entire trans and t-case a little to ensure that the t-case will not hang below the frame. Heres what i was planning on doing for skid and a crossmember for rear 4 link. I decided that I didn't wanna loose that 3"s. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1476964182.021619.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1476964193.668906.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1476964203.972969.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1476964217.385879.jpg

01tj

Considering your lower links hang down 3" I don't think having that subchsssis is a bad thing. Actually might keep you from hanging on those link mounts.

GR8WHITE

Considering your lower links hang down 3" I don't think having that subchsssis is a bad thing. Actually might keep you from hanging on those link mounts.

I ordered new threaded tube insert to redo the lower control arm and mounts. But idk we will see its all still up in the air.

jmatta33

This is absolutely insane. I wish I had the talent and knowledge to do stuff like this! Can't wait to see this thing finished, subscribed!!!

GR8WHITE

This is absolutely insane. I wish I had the talent and knowledge to do stuff like this! Can't wait to see this thing finished, subscribed!!!
Thanks man. You have the talent you just don't know it yet. Haha I'm completely self taught everything.

GR8WHITE

Pulled the console and seats to prep for install atlas shifters. Started cutting the floor to fit the atlas. But didn't take any pictures. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1478139533.557609.jpg

GR8WHITE

Very nice. Question is that what I'll have to do to get one in my 13' auto or is there something else different your doing.

Out in the Boonies

Like Grubbicon said above... I cut off the factory trans crossmember and made one because I'm flat bellying the jeep. In result of the trans being raised, I had to cut the floor.

GR8WHITE

Worked on the jeep some more and finished cutting out the factory crossmember behind the tcase. This is where my lower link crossmember is gonna be. Getting close to getting my link mount tac-ed on and then onto cutting the frame and building cage ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1478487245.292854.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1478487254.712077.jpg

Top Bottom