The building of Bison

Looks amazing Bill, the lines of the cage are slick. I spoke to Mel about the Evo cage awhile ago and he said the price he would have to charge for the cage wouldn't make sense to his customer base.

Sent from my SM-G996U using WAYALIFE mobile app

I’m sure with steel prices, it’s even more difficult. It sucks, because it really is a great design

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Every time I see these cage installs I think man, that looks like a lot of work... but well worth it. Nice Job.

The cage itself wasn’t bad. The A pillars lined right up, and the rest went right in. But the prep work ahead of it moving a bunch of electrical out of the way of the A plilars and all the finish work putting the plastic trim and pads back in took a while.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Looks awesome! Congrats!

Only thing that bugs me about the Evo cage is that it covers the auto headlight sensor. If I felt like re-coating it I would make a little notch for it to get some light.

Looks awesome! Congrats!

Only thing that bugs me about the Evo cage is that it covers the auto headlight sensor. If I felt like re-coating it I would make a little notch for it to get some light.

Yeah, a couple people noted that so I’ve notched it prior to power coat. After seeing yours, it was the only direction I wanted to go. Great cage!!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Got the grab bars and aeroforce gauge mounted up. It was a happy little accident (to quote Bob Ross) that they were powder coated textured black, but I really like the way they look.

IMG_5480.jpg

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Got the grab bars and aeroforce gauge mounted up. It was a happy little accident (to quote Bob Ross) that they were powder coated textured black, but I really like the way they look.

View attachment 359975

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Awesome! Love that cage. It was on my build list but they stopped making it before I could get to it. Handles and gauge look good! If the black bugs you down the road, you could always wrap it with some dark gray paracord. I think it looks great though. 🤙🏽

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Looks great.

Awesome! Love that cage. It was on my build list but they stopped making it before I could get to it. Handles and gauge look good! If the black bugs you down the road, you could always wrap it with some dark gray paracord. I think it looks great though. 🤙🏽

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

That’s a really good idea. I do like the texture on it, It gives it more grip when you are climbing in.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Looking good. I've kicked around getting an Aeroforce gauge. Especially since I started with a sport and don't have the true gauges. Pretty straightforward install?

Top Bottom