The build/re-build of Gruff

JKbrick

Ugh, enough electrical shit. On to the fun stuff.

It's time. :brows: Cleaned these bad boys up and will be sending 'em out to Bubba for a rebuild Monday. Will be ordering the fronts in a week or two. Depending on how the weather holds out I may try to get the rears mounted up and then get the fronts next or just wait until after the holidays. We'll see what the Fall brings.

View attachment 334977

More fun parts will be ordered up as well.
I did order a Rockhard front seat harness bar and 4 point belts from Exodus today. Based on my last outing at Turtle Ridge I'd like the option of better belts when necessary. I'm always good at recognizing these things AFTER the fact :rolleyes2:

That’s awesome, I bet harnesses are pretty reassuring

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wjtstudios

Hooked
Nice! They cleaned up well.

I agree on the harnesses. Something I should consider down the road but I need the cage first.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Ddays

Hooked
That’s awesome, I bet harnesses are pretty reassuring

I rode in Des's TJ up that cliff at Turtle Ridge before I did it in Gruff and we used the harnesses for it. They're really nice for holding you in place in those situations where the factory belts let you flop around.

Nice! They cleaned up well.

I agree on the harnesses. Something I should consider down the road but I need the cage first.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Thanks!
Honestly, I should have done the harness bar when I did the cage. What cage are you going with?

Nice. Looks good.

Thanks. I'm anxious to get these in.

Looks good. Looks like you have lots of fun projects this winter.

Thanks. Yep, lots to do for next year. You're gonna need to start a rebuild thread here soon ;)

JKbrick

I rode in Des's TJ up that cliff at Turtle Ridge before I did it in Gruff and we used the harnesses for it. They're really nice for holding you in place in those situations where the factory belts let you flop around.

Thanks!
Honestly, I should have done the harness bar when I did the cage. What cage are you going with?

Thanks. I'm anxious to get these in.

Thanks. Yep, lots to do for next year. You're gonna need to start a rebuild thread here soon ;)

Did Weebz buy some axles?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Brute

Hooked
I have 5 point harnesses on two of my rigs...but I almost never use the submarine belt, and usually go 3 point most of the time, until I’m on an obstacle the feels better clicking in the extra shoulder belt. My next rig I’m going only 4 point...and leave out the submarine slot in the seat...

Weebz

Caught the Bug

Not yet. They will be ordered by end of October. Once TN is done and another trip I have at the end of October. Right now I’m fighting my exhaust flange bolts while I wait to get this electrical fixed. I was just noting Jerry has lots of goodies lined up and making me jealous

Ddays

Hooked

Not yet. Not sure what he's waiting for. ;)

No I have had dibs on the rear first lol

LOL, true!

I have 5 point harnesses on two of my rigs...but I almost never use the submarine belt, and usually go 3 point most of the time, until I’m on an obstacle the feels better clicking in the extra shoulder belt. My next rig I’m going only 4 point...and leave out the submarine slot in the seat...

That's my thinking. I'm more interested in keeping everyone inside the Jeep in slow speed situations, not really needing the crotch belt.

Did Jerry buy axles?!

LOL, Axle. Nope, not yet. Starting with the coilovers first. Then maybe axle next. That's the really expensive part cause I gotta get wheels too :rolleyes2:

wjtstudios

Hooked
Thanks!

I was planning on doing the EVO cage, but it’s out of production for now I guess. I hope the build more or something different by spring or I’m going to have to go in a different direction

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Ddays

Hooked
I was planning on doing the EVO cage, but it’s out of production for now I guess. I hope the build more or something different by spring or I’m going to have to go in a different direction

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Really?! Surprising but I guess JK's are old hat now that the JL's and JLT's need parts. Don't like the RH cage?

wjtstudios

Hooked
Really?! Surprising but I guess JK's are old hat now that the JL's and JLT's need parts. Don't like the RH cage?

I do, just being a damn architect and obsessing about every detail, I like the square tube better. Looks more built in verses added on. I really do like the rock hard and if by spring the evo is not coming back, I’ll probably go that route.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Coop

Caught the Bug
I do, just being a damn architect and obsessing about every detail, I like the square tube better. Looks more built in verses added on. I really do like the rock hard and if by spring the evo is not coming back, I’ll probably go that route.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

I thought architects liked round stuff!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ddays

Hooked

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Makes sense. I do like how the RH matches the round factory bars though. The dash bar takes some getting used to but overall I'm pleased with it.

Rear AXLE, you should be more specific!! Is this where you gets dibs on front axles?

Yes I have dibs on that as well ;) lol

LOL, sorrry - front's staying. For now at least.

Top Bottom