The build/re-build of Gruff

new exhaust install

Finally got my butt in gear and did my new exhaust this past weekend. Really easy install. Well, except for the fight I got into with one of those rubber isolator mounts trying to get the little bastard to let go of the muffler.
After 20 minutes of inventing new cuss words it finally dawned on me that I didn't need to keep it. Duhr. It succumbed to a sawzall assault :D
Anyhoo, not a bunch of pics - pretty strait forward and boring exhaust.

I did end up not using the exhaust tip in this pic though. First it didn't fit the clamp I bought and second, it sounded absolutely retarded. It gave it a stupid burbly sound - I made a u-turn at the end of my driveway & took it off.
Must have been the increase in size from 2-/-1/2" to 3" that did it. :icon_crazy: I ended up with just a regular 2-1/2 elbow and it sounds great.

0619172048.jpg

muff 2.jpg

More upgrades are happening :yup:

EVO MFG DoubleD Long Arm Upgrade Kit
( EVO Long Arms & Brackets Only )

EVO MFG - JK Rock Star Rear Skids - D60
Shipping and Handling

Out-of-state sale, exempt from sales tax

FEDEX Tracking - 7223891420

Off Road Evolution
1837 W Commonwealth Avenue
Fullerton, CA 92833

Looks good Jerry. Please post picture of the end tip or whatever that is you used.Oh and i see some stickers!!!!!!!!!

Shipping and Handling

Off Road Evolution
Fullerton, CA 92833

Hmmmmm

Turns out that bad cigar was actually good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally got my butt in gear and did my new exhaust this past weekend. Really easy install. Well, except for the fight I got into with one of those rubber isolator mounts trying to get the little bastard to let go of the muffler.
After 20 minutes of inventing new cuss words it finally dawned on me that I didn't need to keep it. Duhr. It succumbed to a sawzall assault :D

I did end up not using the exhaust tip in this pic though. First it didn't fit the clamp I bought and second, it sounded absolutely retarded. It gave it a stupid burbly sound - I made a u-turn at the end of my driveway & took it off.
Must have been the increase in size from 2-/-1/2" to 3" that did it. :icon_crazy: I ended up with just a regular 2-1/2 elbow and it sounds great.

Nice job! :thumb: :clap2:

Nice you got the exhaust done. Good luck with the long arm. Are you doing it yourself?

Being that these LA kits can be either bolt-on or welded, I was originally going to install as a bolt-in and then have them welded on later. But I got a window that opened up that I can get them welded on in a couple weeks
so I'm gonna just go that route and be done with it. The guy that is installing is awesome. He's on here as Shopteach & Piginajeep sent me his way. :thumb:

Nice job! :thumb: :clap2:

Thanks! It came out really well and now I don't have to look at this piece of crap anymore! :cheesy:

0619172042a.jpg

So jealous of the long arms, I almost ordered them the other day but the install is keeping me from pulling the trigger on it.

So jealous of the long arms, I almost ordered them the other day but the install is keeping me from pulling the trigger on it.

Yeah, I looked over a couple threads here where guys did the install themselves. It looks like a good DIY project for over the winter maybe since its a pretty involved process, but I got the window in two weeks so I figured what the hell.

View attachment 266906

View attachment 266905

That's what I did. 2.5" elbow.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Shipping and Handling

Off Road Evolution
Fullerton, CA 92833

Very cool!! Cant wait to see pics when its all done. More importantly curious to see the difference with the LA kit

Very cool!! Cant wait to see pics when its all done. More importantly curious to see the difference with the LA kit

Thanks and me too! I'm doing this primarily to help with on-road handling as we're looking at travel trailers. Wife is skittish about driving the Jeep in the first place so anything I can do
to help our the handling so she can drive more will help on long trips.

Looking forward to the write up and results! :beer:

Yeah, I gotta get Shopteach to take some progress pics. I may stop out a couple times & take some myself!

YAY! No more pancake exhaust!

I. Hate. You. I want long arms for knuckles so bad

Step one on the road to a DTD? Naaaaah, but man, 5 minutes under Jeffj's monster poisoned me :D

You are going to LOVE the long arms. Can't wait to see them installed and what you think.

I was really looking forward to doing this late Fall/Early Winter but now that it's less 2 weeks away I can't wait. I'm really looking forward to see how different it really is!

Top Bottom