The build of my flag ship Black Pearl

black pearl

Hooked
Well pulled the front driveline, still have a slight vibration. When I get it up to speed and push in the clutch. I can feel the vibration decrease as the motor drops to idle, then goes away at idle. I’m pretty sure it has to do with the ticking I have in the clutch.

Attachments

• 955FFC7E-3133-4CC8-883A-18D32B01DC42.jpeg
    955FFC7E-3133-4CC8-883A-18D32B01DC42.jpeg
    452.4 KB · Views: 8

black pearl

Hooked
Good luck on the Rubicon, you’ll probably want to change diff fluid after the trip too…. Maybe consider changing after
I should be able to get enough done on the Jeep to go. I’ll likely do just that, since it’s still such low miles on the gears. I bought a bunch of gear oil and changed at 100 miles and 300 miles. Just to flush them out during the break in.

black pearl

Hooked
So looking a little deeper. I think my noise and vibration is being caused by my clutch fork. Trying to get something in there to in there to get a better look, but all my good tools are at work.

black pearl

Hooked
So after not seeing anything out of ordinary. I put the slave cylinder back in and the ticking is gone. Going to take it out for a heat cycle and see if it comes back. Something may have come out of place a little. I don’t know. Hoping for the best on this one.

black pearl

Hooked
Well I’m going to celebrate the small victory’s. After a 30 mile heat cycle. The ticking and most of the vibration is still gone. I’ll take it!
Also did the math at my fuel up today, I’m getting over 16 MPG Today has been full of winning! Hopefully it continues into tomorrow.

black pearl

Hooked
Man I hate rodents!!! I drove the pretend Jeep on Friday, every thing was fine. I get in it today and it smells like death! I’ve found three dead baby mice so far, but I think there are more. I’ve had everything out of the Jeep and vacuumed and fabrized. After sitting closed for a half hour it still just as bad as this morning. I’m going to start pulling interior paneling….

Attachments

• 7AFF1D1A-9283-487A-A36B-F34BCF37CD0C.jpeg
    7AFF1D1A-9283-487A-A36B-F34BCF37CD0C.jpeg
    185 KB · Views: 16
  • 71867C70-EF8F-4B63-A8B4-C2B4A03B0ACE.jpeg
    71867C70-EF8F-4B63-A8B4-C2B4A03B0ACE.jpeg
    158.5 KB · Views: 16
  • BCDCA763-A982-4EC6-8A57-B587510CE76B.jpeg
    BCDCA763-A982-4EC6-8A57-B587510CE76B.jpeg
    220.7 KB · Views: 16

Sgt_USMC

As much as I dislike cats, this would be one time to have one hang around! Hope you find the home of the smell and get it out fast!

Sgt_USMC

🤦‍♂️ My parents have cats that stay outside. They sit on the porch all day long and do absolutely nothing, but try to fight my pup when I take him outside. They leave the other three dogs (2 labs and an English sheepdog) alone. 🤬

Bullwinckle

Hooked
Damn that sucks. I had that problem a few weeks ago. Found a nest in the engine bay. Thank god they were gone. Pulled the nest, sprayed some deterrent (which smelled like shit), and left the hood open a few days. So far alls good. Hate rodents… 🤬 Hopefully you find them all and get rid of the smell…

black pearl

Hooked
Damn that sucks. I had that problem a few weeks ago. Found a nest in the engine bay. Thank god they were gone. Pulled the nest, sprayed some deterrent (which smelled like shit), and left the hood open a few days. So far alls good. Hate rodents… 🤬 Hopefully you find them all and get rid of the smell…
I think I got them all. After not finding anymore pulling rear interior panels and the backseat. I emptied half a can of Lysol into every section of carpet. No death smell today, just a slight headache from the Lysol.

black pearl

Hooked
Well the Jeep kicked me in the balls today. Got in it at 5:30am, no clutch pedal. I had noticed a creeking sound coming from the slave cylinder. I guess it was on its way out. Just looked have break fluid leaking from the bell housing.

CalSgt

Hooked
Well the Jeep kicked me in the balls today. Got in it at 5:30am, no clutch pedal. I had noticed a creeking sound coming from the slave cylinder. I guess it was on its way out. Just looked have break fluid leaking from the bell housing.
Dang, that sucks

black pearl

Hooked
Dang, that sucks
At least parts are available and I’ll have a new one tomorrow. Much rather have it fail in my driveway then on the trail! Seems the harder I try to get it ready to hit the rubicon again, the more shit I find wrong. Should be halfway sound though by the time we go.

Top Bottom