The build of Balder

Sgt_USMC

Well, the parts warehouse turned a 6 into a 9 and sent the wrong part. šŸ¤¬ Oh well, the part should be there in the morning. I can also grab a gallon of coolant from the dealership so I can burp the system bad top it off.

Sgt_USMC

Got the correct part and a gallon of coolant just in case. Now for the rain to stop so I can put it in.

Sgt_USMC

I took the time today to really clean up the hole where the antenna is bolted to the fender. Then I made a dedicated ground for the fender to ensure a good strong ground connection. Hopefully this is cure my high SWR readings. Iā€™ll give it a go at tuning again later.

Sgt_USMC

Sorry I havenā€™t been around. A lot has been happening the past few months. We drove back out to San Diego from Florida. We had to take it slower this time due to some new issues that cropped up. We loaded the TJ down big time for this trip. It was fine until we hit 35 MPH winds in Texas (I think it was). Jeep did beautifully! It took us 7 days this time. I will be getting new 33 Milestar Pats MT02 in a couple weeks. Then I will start the laundry list of upgrades/maintenance that I have been putting off. Hope everyone is doing well! Hereā€™s a couple pic to show just how much crap we stuffed into the Jeep. 7046EC19-C07E-4611-AA10-2AD39E603CBF.jpeg 8BF30F29-B188-4E04-8D57-41CDA6403C10.jpeg

Sorry I havenā€™t been around. A lot has been happening the past few months. We drove back out to San Diego from Florida. We had to take it slower this time due to some new issues that cropped up. We loaded the TJ down big time for this trip. It was fine until we hit 35 MPH winds in Texas (I think it was). Jeep did beautifully! It took us 7 days this time. I will be getting new 33 Milestar Pats MT02 in a couple weeks. Then I will start the laundry list of upgrades/maintenance that I have been putting off. Hope everyone is doing well! Hereā€™s a couple pic to show just how much crap we stuffed into the Jeep. View attachment 388031 View attachment 388032
Glad you made it safely!

Sgt_USMC

What a double punch to the balls! I just found out that I need to swap the battery in the wifeā€™s liberty and she just got told she is going back into the office now instead of working from home. šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø The gas is already painful with these prices. That means mods/maintenance will be even slower now. šŸ˜’

What a double punch to the balls! I just found out that I need to swap the battery in the wifeā€™s liberty and she just got told she is going back into the office now instead of working from home. šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø The gas is already painful with these prices. That means mods/maintenance will be even slower now. šŸ˜’
Is your wife's employer going to provide a pay increase to offset the additional substantial transportation costs? Don't forget to account for the additional income taxes paid on the income used to pay for the gas.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I have an appointment with my local @Discount Tire to get a set of 5 Milestar Pats in 285/75 installed in a week! After that i will be saving up for a 2ā€ BDS lift.
Is there a reason why you're wanting to run those tires on purpose? Just gonna say, EVERYONE I personally know who's run them, ALL have nothing but terrible things to say about them. I personally have seen them on the trail and they honest to goodness suck. This is to say nothing about them balancing like shit. I'm guessing you're trying to save some money and I'm just trying to save you some grief.

jeeeep

Hooked
Is there a reason why you're wanting to run those tires on purpose? Just gonna say, EVERYONE I personally know who's run them, ALL have nothing but terrible things to say about them. I personally have seen them on the trail and they honest to goodness suck. This is to say nothing about them balancing like shit. I'm guessing you're trying to save some money and I'm just trying to save you some grief.
This ^^ recent EJS, several Jeeps on the trail were running these tires and every one of them had a more difficult time making the obstacles, one appeared to have sidewall issues as it kept collapsing and coming off the rim even at full tire pressure.

Sgt_USMC

I always welcome input and am thankful for it.
@wayoflife @jeeeep I wanted to run STT Pros, but thatā€™s more than I can spare right now. The biggest reason I can even get new tires is because we have a saving certificate with our bank that matures at the end of the month. I need tires, my spare Is dry rotted pretty badly and my other tires are very old too. With my new medical problems Iā€™m very hesitant to do anything very technical right now.

@bobfriesenhahn I wish they were, but we are actually losing a little bit with her moving back to the office. Right now they pay an extra $50 a month to help their employees have high speed internet and that will go away when she goes back. As it turns out her manager is seeing about getter her another work from home job, but it will take time.

Sgt_USMC

If you guys have any recommendations for a 285/75/16 in the $250 or less range I would love to hear them and would see if I could get my order changed.

If you guys have any recommendations for a 285/75/16 in the $250 or less range I would love to hear them and would see if I could get my order changed.
In that range I'd without hesitation go for the Falken Wildpeak A/T 3W. Great tire for the price, and one that I hear rides and wears well. In the 285/75R16 size they are less than $250 each. Other than that look at the Nitto Terra Grappler G2 A/T which is priced about the same.

jeeeep

Hooked
the Yokohama Geolander MT G003
Cooper Evolution MT
Nitto Terra Grappler
Falken Wildpeak A/T 3W - ran these on my heavy 2010 JKU, they had a lot of miles on them and never an issue, did well off-road.

I've looked at too many tires for 3 separate Jeeps. lol

Sgt_USMC

DT doesnā€™t carry the G2 A/T that I can see. The Falkenā€™s are almost $50 more per tire.
The cooper evolution m/t is definitely an option. I didnā€™t consider them because DT doesnā€™t show any reviews yet for them.

jeeeep

Hooked
DT doesnā€™t carry the G2 A/T that I can see. The Falkenā€™s are almost $50 more per tire.
The cooper evolution m/t is definitely an option. I didnā€™t consider them because DT doesnā€™t show any reviews yet for them.
you looking at the Falken MT? the A/T3W listed at $271 for this area.

Top Bottom