The Birth of Cookie Monster (aka Cymbol Monkey)

Not the gears. That I can see. It’s either the ARB has a failure or its remnants from the casting that are affecting the ARB. I swapped the fluids, brought some metal into my shop and they really were scratching their heads. Basically said run it till the problem is readily repeatable.

If it's inside the locker, there should be a 5 year warranty on it. I've had great customer service with arb. It might be worth mentioning it to them now so they have something on file. They may even be able to recognize those metal flakes as something they've seen before.

If it's inside the locker, there should be a 5 year warranty on it. I've had great customer service with arb. It might be worth mentioning it to them now so they have something on file. They may even be able to recognize those metal flakes as something they've seen before.

Great call since I have at least two trips coming up quick and maybe an impromptu one now next weekend.

Yeah if it is and they would warranty it that would be awesome. It would suck for it to be down while it gets fixed but it comes with the lifestyle i suppose

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Spoke with ARB today. They seem to think it’s likely a clutch tooth...or teeth. Will lock up to a torque point but likely not be able to hold above some threshold now which is why sometimes I get locker and not. Regardless, would be warranty part. Obviously I’d own labor.

Spoke with ARB today. They seem to think it’s likely a clutch tooth...or teeth. Will lock up to a torque point but likely not be able to hold above some threshold now which is why sometimes I get locker and not. Regardless, would be warranty part. Obviously I’d own labor.

Are they going to send you a new locker or do they need a shop to diag it?

Yeah that sucks. At least if it is they should cover the part but labor always sucks to have to pay for something like that.

Finally got around to burning in my rear bumps.

Attachments

• 5B7A037E-D7D4-4254-A5FE-1C1E0D827C05.jpeg
    5B7A037E-D7D4-4254-A5FE-1C1E0D827C05.jpeg
    121.1 KB · Views: 68
  • D44E42FB-C8D1-4271-B189-18280D3D03D7.jpeg
    D44E42FB-C8D1-4271-B189-18280D3D03D7.jpeg
    126 KB · Views: 66
  • 4DF5D328-BE53-4A45-A9E7-20FF55C60882.jpg
    4DF5D328-BE53-4A45-A9E7-20FF55C60882.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 65
Thanks guys. Really wasn’t hard just intimidating. Definitely have a lot to learn with welding, especially heat control. Slightly warped both cans burning the lower edges on which made for a lot of sanding to get the bumps into the cans.

Looks good Jeff

It feels good to do your own work, even when you have to overcome some problems as you learn👍👍

After I got done all that last night dropped the pig off at the shop to dig into my ARB locker problem. Definitely no rear locker. I ran the Cove two weeks ago after initially inspecting it and had no rear locker. Was a lot of skinny pedal and momentum. Not fun

Top Bottom