The Birth of Cookie Monster (aka Cymbol Monkey)

Weebz

Caught the Bug
You can get correct alignment #s and still not have lengths set right. They shouldn’t be missing the bump stops. If the axle is coming up in front of bump stops control arms are too long. If the axle is coming up behind bump stops control arms are too short. If the axles is coming up left or right of bumps track bar length is wrong. Track bar position on axle bracket comes in to play also as the arch of track bar travel can move left or right when articulated. The trick is to cycle suspension w/out springs to see where it is. Adjust lengths at full compression while keeping them equal and then adjust for caster at ride height. I hope that makes sense.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thank you!! Very good detail. There are no issues at all in any direction except off camber and stuffed. Normal crawling wasn’t an issue. Not sure how I could create that scenario. Confirmed again that my trackbar has the axles dead centered.

Weebz

Caught the Bug
Partial new addition. Only was able to score the rear doors and uppers but the deal was simply too good to pass up. 200 bucks and 2 hour round trip they are mine.

Attachments

• 1917F3D6-F5A0-46B2-B884-BC4444C30083.jpeg
    1917F3D6-F5A0-46B2-B884-BC4444C30083.jpeg
    136.8 KB · Views: 77
  • 99A073F4-0FCB-47D8-9338-1AA21996FC8D.jpeg
    99A073F4-0FCB-47D8-9338-1AA21996FC8D.jpeg
    121.4 KB · Views: 78

jeffj

Caught the Bug
That is a smokin deal! Even if you had to pay full price for the fronts it wont seems near as bad now.:clap2:

Weebz

Caught the Bug
A truly unwelcome addition to my build....

Attachments

• E569C819-F62D-48C9-9495-6519B8A0DC62.jpeg
    E569C819-F62D-48C9-9495-6519B8A0DC62.jpeg
    101 KB · Views: 69

Weebz

Caught the Bug
How did that happen?

Sent from my SM-S506DL using WAYALIFE mobile app

Was cutting into a trail which was very tight between two trees. Was off chamber on muddy wet rocks. Slid down towards the tree on the passenger side. Looked and thought I was still clear but the second I moved I heard the soft top track breaking apart and I knew I was in trouble. Time to learn body work. 🤷*♂️ Nothing bondo and paint won’t cure

19YJ94

Caught the Bug
Was cutting into a trail which was very tight between two trees. Was off chamber on muddy wet rocks. Slid down towards the tree on the passenger side. Looked and thought I was still clear but the second I moved I heard the soft top track breaking apart and I knew I was in trouble. Time to learn body work. [emoji1745]*[emoji3603] Nothing bondo and paint won’t cure
Dang, sorry to hear about that. But yeah it's definitely fixable. [emoji106] I am sure you will do a good job.

Sent from my SM-S506DL using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKbrick

Was cutting into a trail which was very tight between two trees. Was off chamber on muddy wet rocks. Slid down towards the tree on the passenger side. Looked and thought I was still clear but the second I moved I heard the soft top track breaking apart and I knew I was in trouble. Time to learn body work. 🤷*♂️ Nothing bondo and paint won’t cure

Looks like you need a B pillar chop

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom