The Adventures and Build of Remi the JL Rubicon!

Napalm

So there has been a small change of plans. Due to Synergy’s back up, I will not be able to get my HD tie rod in a timely manor. I’m being told a minimum of 75 days. So I’m making a change in the build!

Instead of my synergy tie rod, I’m going to order:
- Synergy Steering Stabilizer Relocation Bracket
- Fox 2.0 upgraded steering stabilizer

I know this upgrade isn’t needed, but after feeling the weight of the tires yesterday for the first time, it will help my piece of mind.

Once the Synergy backorder clears up, I’ll then(probably later this year) order the HD Chromoly Tie Rod, HD Drag Link, and Sector Shaft/Track Bar brace, and just redo the steering all at once. These are not absolute must haves, so waiting a bit on them won’t be harmful. ThoughtS?!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Clutch

Caught the Bug
So there has been a small change of plans. Due to Synergy’s back up, I will not be able to get my HD tie rod in a timely manor. I’m being told a minimum of 75 days. So I’m making a change in the build!

- Fox 2.0 upgraded steering stabilizer

I know this upgrade isn’t needed, but after feeling the weight of the tires yesterday for the first time, it will help my piece of mind.

Once the Synergy backorder clears up, I’ll then(probably later this year) order the HD Chromoly Tie Rod, HD Drag Link, and Sector Shaft/Track Bar brace, and just redo the steering all at once. These are not absolute must haves, so waiting a bit on them won’t be harmful. ThoughtS?!

Makes sense, i think you’ll be fine waiting and doing to other minor things instead.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
You do realize a steering stabilizer isn’t going to make it turn easier. It’s not ram assist.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

WJCO

Meme King
- Fox 2.0 upgraded steering stabilizer .

ThoughtS?!

Ask doubletapdaddy about his recent experience with the Fox steering stabilizer......

Napalm

You do realize a steering stabilizer isn’t going to make it turn easier. It’s not ram assist.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Yeah, that’s what I was afraid of. That’s why I asked though. I’ll probably hold off on it. I’ll still do the relocation bracket, but just in the little research I’ve done today, looks like I’m not gonna waste my money.

Ask doubletapdaddy about his recent experience with the Fox steering stabilizer......

Eeekkkk. This sounds interesting. I’ll head over to his build thread on JL Wrangler!

Napalm

Once again, the forum has saved my ass, and after reading about some personal experiences, I will be saving my pennies and forgoing a steering stabilizer. It seems as though people have had better luck with the O.E. Steering Stabilizer, and if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

PLAN AS OF NOW

Get these dang 37's on so I can go out and break something!

Just kidding(I HOPE)

Steering stays stock, except for the Synergy Steering Stabilizer Relocation Bracket. Later on in the year, or if/when things start to wear, I will be redoing the steering by doing a Synergy Tie Rod, Drag Link, and Sector shaft/Track bar bracket brace. That is, assuming, they are off of back-order.

Thanks to all who chimed in to help me avoid that dumb decision.

Moar photos of the 37s!
IMG_4207.jpg
IMG_4208.jpg
IMG_4209.jpg
(My garage smells great right about now)

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Smart to stay with the OE SS. When ordering the Synergy relocation kit, be sure to choose the right one for your application. There's one for the Synergy tie rod, and one for the OE tie rod.

DeJkUnlimited

Caught the Bug

I read through that....while not disputing what I read, I’m having a hard time wrapping my head around the SS (from any mfr) actually causing DW. :doh: we talk all the time about the SS masking the issue or being a band-aid of sorts but the actual culprit??

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
I read through that....while not disputing what I read, I’m having a hard time wrapping my head around the SS (from any mfr) actually causing DW. :doh: we talk all the time about the SS masking the issue or being a band-aid of sorts but the actual culprit??

There's no doubt the Fox stabilizer did not cause DW. I don't think anybody ever said that it did. Without a SS, I have DW with OE steering components and with Synergy steering components. The OE SS is the only thing that's able to tame it, or mask it, if you will. At this point, I still have no idea what the etiology of my DW was and / or is.

JKbrick

Once again, the forum has saved my ass, and after reading about some personal experiences, I will be saving my pennies and forgoing a steering stabilizer. It seems as though people have had better luck with the O.E. Steering Stabilizer, and if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

PLAN AS OF NOW

Get these dang 37's on so I can go out and break something!

Just kidding(I HOPE)

Steering stays stock, except for the Synergy Steering Stabilizer Relocation Bracket. Later on in the year, or if/when things start to wear, I will be redoing the steering by doing a Synergy Tie Rod, Drag Link, and Sector shaft/Track bar bracket brace. That is, assuming, they are off of back-order.

Thanks to all who chimed in to help me avoid that dumb decision.

Moar photos of the 37s!
View attachment 342788
View attachment 342789
View attachment 342790
(My garage smells great right about now)

Your wheels and tires look so good, did you call Bubba and ask him about his steering components he makes himself? Just a thought

Napalm

So unfortunately Synergy’s backorder has affected their Steering Stabilizer relocation brackets as well! I cannot find someone with the one for the factory tie rod(part #: 8807-04) anywhere. So I guess I’ll have to push this upgrade back until I redo the steering, and hope I don’t destroy my Steering Stabilizer on my few upcoming trips!

Lift is hopefully scheduled to go on next Wednesday. After that I have a few more upgrades (EVO TC, all underbody skid plates) that I’ll put on. Then it’ll be time for tires and wheels! Stay tuned!

Your wheels and tires look so good, did you call Bubba and ask him about his steering components he makes himself? Just a thought

I didn’t know he made steering components! I’ll look into these!

MericaMade

So unfortunately Synergy’s backorder has affected their Steering Stabilizer relocation brackets as well! I cannot find someone with the one for the factory tie rod(part #: 8807-04) anywhere. So I guess I’ll have to push this upgrade back until I redo the steering, and hope I don’t destroy my Steering Stabilizer on my few upcoming trips!

Lift is hopefully scheduled to go on next Wednesday. After that I have a few more upgrades (EVO TC, all underbody skid plates) that I’ll put on. Then it’ll be time for tires and wheels! Stay tuned!

I didn’t know he made steering components! I’ll look into these!

Amazon has it. Screenshot_20200312-124044_Amazon%20Shopping.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Napalm

I was able to find a Synergy HD Chromoly Tie Rod on Amazon! So I ordered this and a SS relocation bracket.
IMG_4247.jpg

Talked to my installer, we are scheduled for install of the Rancho 2” sport lift, as well as the Synergy Tie Rod and SS bracket for next Wednesday!

I also ordered some aerosol SharkHide metal Protectant to treat the KMCs with before install. Living in Texas, I don’t think I’ll need this. But I want to be careful. I’ve got to protect my babies
IMG_4246.jpg

Factory wheels & tires are soon to be up for sale if anyone is interested!

DAILY DRIVER APPRECIATION POST!
I want to take a moment to give some great credit to my daily, Ruby, who is still running great. She is the reason Remi can sit in the garage and stay pretty for weeks and weeks. Just hit 40k miles!
IMG_4230.jpg
Adjustments.jpg

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
I was going to suggest buying the tie rod to fit the relocation kit, but it's so easy to spend other people's money. Glad you figured it out.

Now you need a matching drag link. Lol.

Napalm

Wheel/tire combo looks great!

Thank you! Can’t wait to get them installed!

I was going to suggest buying the tie rod to fit the relocation kit, but it's so easy to spend other people's money. Glad you figured it out.

Now you need a matching drag link. Lol.

I seriously bought the tie rod just so I could get my steering stabilizer relocated. 🤣 that, and my shop told me they throw it on for free when they install my lift!

Drag link and sector shaft/track bar brace will come in the next round of mods!

USMC Wrangler

Those will look great on Remi! I was going to suggest Bubba as well, as an owner of his JK Tie Rod, but I see you found something already.

Top Bottom