Thank you Vets

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I know I'm early but I wanted to start the thread before it got lost in the shuffle. Tonight at my kid's first playoff game, he and his teammates slowly marched out the flag, surrounded it, and stood in silence in appreciation of all of you who sacrifice so much for our country. It was a simple gesture, but it was powerful.

Thank you, all of you, for providing a blanket of safety under which my children get to grow up free. :honey:

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1384055226.598038.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1384055250.184894.jpg

The other team didn't even stop warming up to honor the flag on the field. We proceeded to hand them a 49-0 loss.

I am humbled to have served this great country for over 25 years. I want to say thank you to all those who support the Armed Forces. Additionally I want soy thank you to all those who have gone before and led the way. With out you this great Nation would not be as great as it is. I truly believe America is the greatest nation on this planet.
Trident Chief's Mess in Okinawa
IMG_0256.JPG
R/
Will

Last edited:

Spartan

I know I'm early but I wanted to start the thread before it got lost in the shuffle. Tonight at my kid's first playoff game, he and his teammates slowly marched out the flag, surrounded it, and stood in silence in appreciation of all of you who sacrifice so much for our country. It was a simple gesture, but it was powerful.

Thank you, all of you, for providing a blanket of safety under which my children get to grow up free. :honey:

View attachment 56000
View attachment 56001

The other team didn't even stop warming up to honor the flag on the field. We proceeded to hand them a 49-0 loss.

Glad you whooped their butts for that.

JK-JOHN-E

Thanx to all the VETERANS, those that gave the ultimate cannot be thanked enough for keeping this nation free. You VETS and active duty guys and gals are so brave, keep up the great work:thumb:

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Thank you Veterans for your service. Thank you for the duty you volunteered to take. My children thank you and this nation is great because of you!

David1tontj

Freedom isn't free, and I thank you all for sacrificing your lives to protect my family!! God bless you all and keep you safe!! Thank you for your service!

05 Tj, long arm, one ton, lockers, winches, 39.5" Iroks

jhires

My father,
My son,
My daughter in law,
My boss,
My best friend from highschool,
My best friend today,
Two co-workers on my team.

All of whom are not only vets, but are VFW.

Thanks for what you have done, not only for me, but for everyone.

Fir-na-tine

Caught the Bug
Just wanted to share something that was sent to me today.......

What is a Veteran?

Some veterans bear visible signs of their service: a missing limb, a jagged scar, a certain look in the eye.

Others may carry the evidence inside them: a pin holding a bone together, a piece of shrapnel in the leg - or perhaps another sort of inner steel: the soul's ally forged in the refinery of adversity.

Except in parades, however, the men and women who have kept America safe wear no badge or emblem.

You can't tell a vet just by looking.

He is the cop on the beat who spent six months in Saudi Arabia sweating two gallons a day making sure the armored personnel carriers didn't run out of fuel.

He is the barroom loudmouth, dumber than five wooden planks, whose overgrown frat-boy behavior is outweighed a hundred times in the cosmic scales by four hours of exquisite bravery near the 38th parallel.

They are the nurse who fought against futility and went to sleep sobbing every night for two solid years in Da Nang.

He is the POW who went away one person and came back another - or didn't come back AT ALL.

He is the Quantico drill instructor who has never seen combat - but has saved countless lives by turning slouchy, no-account rednecks and gang members into Marines, and teaching them to watch each other's backs.

He is the parade - riding Legionnaire who pins on his ribbons and medals with a prosthetic hand.

He is the career quartermaster who watches the ribbons and medals pass him by.

He is the three anonymous heroes in The Tomb Of The Unknowns, whose presence at the Arlington National Cemetery must forever preserve the memory of all the anonymous heroes whose valor dies unrecognized with them on the battlefield or in the ocean's sunless deep.

He is the old guy bagging groceries at the supermarket - palsied now and aggravatingly slow - who helped liberate a Nazi death camp and who wishes all day long that his wife were still alive to hold him when the nightmares come.

He is an ordinary and yet an extraordinary human being - a person who offered some of his life's most vital years in the service of his country, and who sacrificed his ambitions so others would not have to sacrifice theirs.

He is a soldier and a savior and a sword against the darkness, and he is nothing more than the finest, greatest testimony on behalf of the finest, greatest nation ever known.

So remember, each time you see someone who has served our country, just lean over and say Thank You. That's all most people need, and in most cases it will mean more than any medals they could have been awarded or were awarded.

Two little words that mean a lot, "THANK YOU".

"It is the soldier, not the reporter, Who has given us freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, Who has given us freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, Who has given us the freedom to demonstrate. It is the soldier, Who salutes the flag, Who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protestor to burn the flag.

"Father Denis Edward O'Brien/USMC

Bravo Zulu and Semper Fi......Semper

Amen

Woody

Last edited:

jkrossi

I didnt see this thread and started one a bit ago but thanks a ton to all that have served and are still serving.
Me and my jeep are sporting our colors in support of are vets and vets to come.
1384191256024.jpg

Millerj87

Just wanted to share something that was sent to me today.......

What is a Veteran?

Some veterans bear visible signs of their service: a missing limb, a jagged scar, a certain look in the eye.

Others may carry the evidence inside them: a pin holding a bone together, a piece of shrapnel in the leg - or perhaps another sort of inner steel: the soul's ally forged in the refinery of adversity.

Except in parades, however, the men and women who have kept America safe wear no badge or emblem.

You can't tell a vet just by looking.

He is the cop on the beat who spent six months in Saudi Arabia sweating two gallons a day making sure the armored personnel carriers didn't run out of fuel.

He is the barroom loudmouth, dumber than five wooden planks, whose overgrown frat-boy behavior is outweighed a hundred times in the cosmic scales by four hours of exquisite bravery near the 38th parallel.

They are the nurse who fought against futility and went to sleep sobbing every night for two solid years in Da Nang.

He is the POW who went away one person and came back another - or didn't come back AT ALL.

He is the Quantico drill instructor who has never seen combat - but has saved countless lives by turning slouchy, no-account rednecks and gang members into Marines, and teaching them to watch each other's backs.

He is the parade - riding Legionnaire who pins on his ribbons and medals with a prosthetic hand.

He is the career quartermaster who watches the ribbons and medals pass him by.

He is the three anonymous heroes in The Tomb Of The Unknowns, whose presence at the Arlington National Cemetery must forever preserve the memory of all the anonymous heroes whose valor dies unrecognized with them on the battlefield or in the ocean's sunless deep.

He is the old guy bagging groceries at the supermarket - palsied now and aggravatingly slow - who helped liberate a Nazi death camp and who wishes all day long that his wife were still alive to hold him when the nightmares come.

He is an ordinary and yet an extraordinary human being - a person who offered some of his life's most vital years in the service of his country, and who sacrificed his ambitions so others would not have to sacrifice theirs.

He is a soldier and a savior and a sword against the darkness, and he is nothing more than the finest, greatest testimony on behalf of the finest, greatest nation ever known.

So remember, each time you see someone who has served our country, just lean over and say Thank You. That's all most people need, and in most cases it will mean more than any medals they could have been awarded or were awarded.

Two little words that mean a lot, "THANK YOU".

"It is the soldier, not the reporter, Who has given us freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, Who has given us freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, Who has given us the freedom to demonstrate. It is the soldier, Who salutes the flag, Who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protestor to burn the flag.

"Father Denis Edward O'Brien/USMC

Bravo Zulu and Semper Fi......Semper

Amen

Woody

Well said my friend!!

Sent from my iPhone on the west coast of florida

JKWrang

From the halls of Montezuma,
To the shores of Triploi,
I thank each one of my brothers,
Who served along side me,
First to fight for rights and freedom
and to keep our honor clean,
I'm proud to say we did our best
to keep this country free,

Semper Fi to thos who have served, to those whose families miss them while they defend the liberties we enjoy from foreign threats and malice and to those who stand with dignity on our fine soil with a salute to those who died and those who walk among us with the (in)visible scars of combat and survived to tell the tale.

-Mike

Sent via secret squirrel underground network.

Top Bottom