Texas Barnwell Run & Campout(May 21st-22nd)

This is correct. I usually leave the morning of at about 5 am at the latest. Being that everyone is trying to be there by 8. Im thinking of leaving the night before or by 4 am. Since it takes about 4 hours if your doing 80 the whole way there. So if your interested in meeting up and convoying, just let me know.

We are still debating between using a vacation (sick) day and leaving Friday morning, sneaking out early Friday and making the drive, leaving after 5, or just wait till Saturday morning

We are still debating between using a vacation (sick) day and leaving Friday morning, sneaking out early Friday and making the drive, leaving after 5, or just wait till Saturday morning

Im really considering leaving after 5 on Friday as well. That way im not rushing to get there.

Im really considering leaving after 5 on Friday as well. That way im not rushing to get there.

As far as I can tell, I'm scheduled to be off Fri/Sat/Sun already that week. Either of those work for me, anybody know if the hotels in the area are pooch friendly though? Or it could be one of those, "don't ask, don't tell" situations.

Boooo on them. I guess I could skip on bringing her with me, but she's very well behaved and loves going on adventures (and Jeep rides) so I know it would be fun. Maybe just go on the "don't ask, don't tell" method for a night or two.

http://www.executiveinngilmertx.com/ says NO pets...

http://www.gilmerinntx.com/ Does not specify on the website. I am inclined to take that as dont ask dont tell :thankyou:

As far as I can tell, I'm scheduled to be off Fri/Sat/Sun already that week. Either of those work for me, anybody know if the hotels in the area are pooch friendly though? Or it could be one of those, "don't ask, don't tell" situations.

I'll call the Gilmer inn today and verify if they allow pets.

If not, a don't ask don't tell might be the best bet :)

http://www.executiveinngilmertx.com/ says NO pets...

http://www.gilmerinntx.com/ Does not specify on the website. I am inclined to take that as dont ask dont tell :thankyou:

Boooo on them. I guess I could skip on bringing her with me, but she's very well behaved and loves going on adventures (and Jeep rides) so I know it would be fun. Maybe just go on the "don't ask, don't tell" method for a night or two.

Just spoke with the Gilmer Inn and they offer one room that is open to pets. All the rest are pet free unfortunately. So, the don't ask don't tell policy might be our best bet. Or, If you are camping and only looking for a place to stay friday night, Tyler is about 40 mins south and has a lot of pet friendly hotels.

We can brainstorm and figure something out. :)

Just spoke with the Gilmer Inn and they offer one room that is open to pets. All the rest are pet free unfortunately. So, the don't ask don't tell policy might be our best bet. Or, If you are camping and only looking for a place to stay friday night, Tyler is about 40 mins south and has a lot of pet friendly hotels.

We can brainstorm and figure something out. :)

I want to bring my dog also, Especially if Charlie and Dave are also going, because our pups are good friends. But if we have to leave her home, home she will stay.

I want to bring my dog also, Especially if Charlie and Dave are also going, because our pups are good friends. But if we have to leave her home, home she will stay.

We will get it figured out. I want for everyone, pups included to be able to attend :)

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1458790622.471109.jpg

I'd like to bring mine but if he came there would be no room in my rig for camping gear or tools!! He is a horse and only 9 months old.

Right! I need a trailer or wagon like the one that guy built for his daughter. That's gotta be the coolest wagon I've ever seen.

View attachment 194440

I'd like to bring mine but if he came there would be no room in my rig for camping gear or tools!! He is a horse and only 9 months old.

That's no dog, that's a small horse. He would make my 4 year old Shepherd look like a Yorkie.

If like to take part. Newbe for me..
View attachment 194466

Lukasd, will get you added to the newbie/beginner group. Thanks for your interest in this event and keep a lookout in this thread for more information about the Houston convoy coming.

ATTENTION! IMPORTANT!

I've just been made aware that their are FIVE bunkhouses still available for the nights of May 20th and May 21st on the Barnwell property. The cabins have all been reserved but these bunkhouses are still availible. They have AC and heat, nice sleeping areas, but no running water.

These have to be reserved through PayPal and are most likely going to go quick. They sleep multiple people(3-6) These would be great for those of you who do not want to camp, as us that are camping could set up around them and we could all stay together.

They unfortunately do not allow pets. (don't ask, don't tell)

Let me know if you plan to reserve one :)

Last edited:
View attachment 194440

Are you aware that your dog is stealing a fully matured oak tree from someone's yard? :)
My coworker has a blue euro Dane named Zeus. The tail can leave a nasty mark if you get too close or completely wipe out anything within a 5 ft radius.
Beautiful pooch!

ATTENTION! IMPORTANT!

I've just been made aware that their are FIVE bunkhouses still available for the nights of May 20th and May 21st on the Barnwell property. The cabins have all been reserved but these bunkhouses are still availible. They have AC and heat, nice sleeping areas, but no running water.

These have to be reserved through PayPal and are most likely going to go quick. They sleep multiple people(3-6) These would be great for those of you who do not want to camp, as us that are camping could set up around them and we could all stay together.

They unfortunately do not allow pets. (don't ask, don't tell)

Let me know if you plan to reserve one :)

FYI, for what it's worth. The Barnwell Inn's "pet friendly" rooms are also their only two smoking rooms. I might expand my search a little farther out, extending my drive a little ways won't be the end of the world.

Texas Barnwell Run & Campout(May 21st-22nd)

FYI, for what it's worth. The Barnwell Inn's "pet friendly" rooms are also their only two smoking rooms. I might expand my search a little farther out, extending my drive a little ways won't be the end of the world.

Longview is only about 30 minutes away and has a ton of hotels and some of them are pet friendly.

Last edited:
For those of you looking for hotels, I am updating the lodging information with hotels in North Longview. These hotels are about 20-30 mins away from Gilmer, and give you a little bit more options as far as staying.

North Longview Lodging
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Longview - North
300 Tuttle Cir, Longview, TX 75605
(903) 663-6464

La Quinta Inn & Suites Longview North
908 E Hawkins Pkwy, Longview, TX 75605
(903) 663-6611
Pet Friendly

Comfort Suites
3307 N Fourth St, Longview, TX 75605
(903) 663-4991

Hampton Inn & Suites Longview North
3044 North Eastman Road, Longview, TX 75605
(903) 663-8670

Fairfield Inn & Suites Longview
3305 N Fourth St, Longview, TX 75605
(903) 663-1995

Candlewood Suites Longview
2904 Tuttle Blvd, Longview, TX 75605
(903) 663-9751
Pet Friendly

If you are interested in staying in Tyler which is about 45 minutes away, let me know.

Top Bottom