Texas Barnwell Run & Campout(May 21st-22nd)

Wahoo! That's great news! How much rain did you guys get up there? It's been pretty steady here pretty much all day

Today has been the only day that it's really rained in the past week. It's been lightly sprinkling here and there. Even today wasn't that hard, I'd guess less than an inch but I'm not sure.

FINAL CONVOY CALL

I can meet up for jeeps from central/west Houston (or anyone that wants to join in) at the Houston Ikea (7810 Katy Fwy, Houston, TX 77024) around 12:30pm If anyone is interested. (Drop dead roll out time of 12:45 In order to meet the rest of the group up at lowes)

*TIMES ARE NOT YET EXACT IN THIS POST, AND SUBJECT TO CHANGE*

Bump. Zero takers so far

Last edited:
Tomorrow night is a no go on eating out. Dave, Kyle, and everyone else in the Houston convoy coming early, wanna cook out at the park?

Tomorrow night is a no go on eating out. Dave, Kyle, and everyone else in the Houston convoy coming early, wanna cook out at the park?

Sure, I'm down. Why a no go? We might still go eat. We being me and wifey... and anyone who wants to join

Sure, I'm down. Why a no go? We might still go eat. We being me and wifey... and anyone who wants to join

I couldn't find anyone who was pet friendly. There is an awesome restaurant there in Kilgore with a nice patio that we could try if yall would rather eat out.

Let me know what y'all thinking. Maybe we could pass off Kyle's pup as being a service dog. LoL!!

Yeah ill join
I couldn't find anyone who was pet friendly. There is an awesome restaurant there in Kilgore with a nice patio that we could try if yall would rather eat out.

Let me know what y'all thinking. Maybe we could pass off Kyle's pup as being a service dog. LoL!!

I wouldn't mind checking that out , I'm in

We're leaving our pup this time. So I'm down for whatever!

Sure, let me just him some sunglasses!
Wait, or am I the one that needs sunglasses?
This is confusing.

If there's nowhere pet friendly then we might have to skip, unless there's time to drop the pups at the room and come back out. Don't hold up your plans because of us, we'll just play it by ear and see what we can manage.

Sure, let me just him some sunglasses!
Wait, or am I the one that needs sunglasses?
This is confusing.

If there's nowhere pet friendly then we might have to skip, unless there's time to drop the pups at the room and come back out. Don't hold up your plans because of us, we'll just play it by ear and see what we can manage.

You guys aren't allowed to skip. Against policy :)

I'll let yall know something tomorrow before you guys leave Houston.

I'll be joining the convoy in Kilgore I think. Still waiting to hear back from Daverawr and Jeep JK Ruby on if they are stil attending.

Is it weird that I have Convoy Envy? That's a thing, right?
Driving down to Houston (from Dallas) then driving back up to Gilmore with you guys seems like a rational/economical decision. :)

Is it weird that I have Convoy Envy? That's a thing, right?
Driving down to Houston (from Dallas) then driving back up to Gilmore with you guys seems like a rational/economical decision. :)

LoL. I'm driving completely a different direction just to be apart of it ;)

HOUSTON CONVOY:

I think we should meet in the LaQuinta Longview North parking Lot around 5 maybe? People can check in to their rooms and We can eat in Longview (restaurant TBD) and then drive 20-30 minutes to the park. What do y'all think?

So exactly what time and we're would we meet? I'm pretty sure we will tag along for that.
We are meeting at the Lowes just past humble. Roll out time is 1:30, so don't be late :thumb:
LoL. I'm driving completely a different direction just to be apart of it ;)
That's awesome.
HOUSTON CONVOY:

I think we should meet in the LaQuinta Longview North parking Lot around 5 maybe? People can check in to their rooms and We can eat in Longview (restaurant TBD) and then drive 20-30 minutes to the park. What do y'all think?

Not a bad idea. I'm game, this way we can eat dinner. However are we going to set up camp in the dark most likely if that's the plan.

Texas Barnwell Run & Campout(May 21st-22nd)

We are meeting at the Lowes just past humble. Roll out time is 1:30, so don't be late :thumb:

That's awesome.

Not a bad idea. I'm game, this way we can eat dinner. However are we going to set up camp in the dark most likely if that's the plan.

It's okay. I've got truck lites and I'll bring a work light ;) hahah I'm fixing to send out a mass text for a final convoy call for people so they know.

EDIT : Dave if you don't feel like setting up camp in the dark, since my wife won't be joining us tonight, you're welcome to share the bunkhouse tonight if you want. Just let me know!

Last edited:
Top Bottom