Texas Barnwell Run & Campout(May 21st-22nd)

Something has come up at our business and my wife won't be able to join us until about 3pm Saturday afternoon.

I'll still be coming down Friday, but won't have her to drive Steel during the newbie run.

So, I'll be leaving Steel at the campsite for the first few runs of the day and riding shotgun with someone so I can still do photography and spotting for the newbie run. Who's letting me ride shotgun? ;)

Something has come up at our business and my wife won't be able to join us until about 3pm Saturday afternoon.

I'll still be coming down Friday, but won't have her to drive Steel during the newbie run.

So, I'll be leaving Steel at the campsite for the first few runs of the day and riding shotgun with someone so I can still do photography and spotting for the newbie run. Who's letting me ride shotgun? ;)

you can ride in my back seat? Wifie gets shotgun... But you're welcome to ride :thumb:

I was contemplating pulling the back seat, but I can probably manage to leave it in for the trip.

Might have a pooch in your lap, but it's a decent Plan B ;)

I was contemplating pulling the back seat, but I can probably manage to leave it in for the trip.

Might have a pooch in your lap, but it's a decent Plan B ;)

Go ahead and pull it out! You don't have to do that for me brother. I need you as tail gunner anyways! I'll need to be closer to the front to get the best shots.

Thanks though :)

Last edited:

You can ride with us too, if nobody else is riding solo! :thumbup:

This time next week we will be meeting up getting ready to start a weekend of wheeling!

Who's excited?!?

Looks like it will be raining all week though, anyone know how muddy this place can be?

That's a good question. I think I've already had my fill of mud for the year.

Main water feed on the house busted today, spent my whole day digging and fixing that. Most of which on the pouring down ass rain!

Picked up a receiver hitch for the Jeep though, and had a deal worked out for a hitch basket but the jack ass sold it out from beneath me!

Looks like it will be raining all week though, anyone know how muddy this place can be?

It seems like decent chances, but I'm not holding my breath. Unless it's over an 80% chance, we don't see rain. (Knock on wood)

I'll keep you guys posted through out the week though!

It seems like decent chances, but I'm not holding my breath. Unless it's over an 80% chance, we don't see rain. (Knock on wood)

All of Houston might have to canoe ourselves out of town to get to Gilmer :crazyeyes:

Posting this for Dave who said he didn't want to camp unless it was under 65* ;)
View attachment 203341

YES!! That is what I'm talking about! :clap2:

Ive seen videos on youtube that look pretty soupy... if it rains, It will likely be a mess... :grayno:

Sweet! Eyes on the inside ;)

YES!! That is what I'm talking about! :clap2:

Ive seen videos on youtube that look pretty soupy... if it rains, It will likely be a mess... :grayno:

Sweet! Eyes on the inside ;)

After watching some post-rain videos on YouTube, I'm expecting it to be just that. Expect the worse, and hope for the best! Haha

I'll keep you guys updated as the week goes on exactly how much rain we are getting up east.

Also; our WAYALIFE dinner/party Saturday evening is POT LUCK. I ask that everyone try to bring something so that there will be plenty of food for everyone. We have almost 30-40 people attending, and everyone needs to be fed.

We will have a grill, so if anyone wants to bring something to grill, bring it on.

If you have any questions on what you might should bring, please let me know. Also I'm looking for someone to bring a fold up camping table so that we can set out all the food.

Getting close :)

Top Bottom