TeraFlex Long Arm Bracket Break

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
:cheesy: Like I always say, I just can't make this shit up...

tf-break.jpg

tf-break-01.jpg

What was it that Dennis at TeraFlex said? Something about how he's never seen a problem so long as the instructions are followed? :cheesy:

Of course, I'm still the bad guy who's just "bashing" TeraFlex :crazyeyes:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I have half a mind to send Jerry McGeorge an email to see if he can explain this break. I mean, it's a new TeraFlex long arm kit and I assume installed correctly by none other than TeraFlex themselves. :cheesy:

Haha... I had mentioned this one in the rear tire carrier break thread. My dad had a 4" LCG Kit of theirs installed by them just before this happened. When I went in to their new location to ask about about "what if's" down the road if he had problems. Their answer was what pushed me to the edge with them. " we don't do work on any outside rigs anymore and if he has issues, he's just out of luck!" I made it a mission to get rid of their Crap off my rig. The new slogan for me is TeraCRAP... Might taste good going in, but turns out to be CRAP!

In lieu of the TeraFlex tire carrier thread, I thought I should post this break on the forum as well. Please note that the fact it is a TeraFlex product is purely circumstantial and I am not trying to "bash" them. As in the case of the tire carrier, this was another break that I saw happen out in Johnson Valley last week and it happend on LoPo's Jeep...

main.php

main.php

Again, I am only posting this up because several members expressed a desire to see more photos of this nature. I should add that this is NOT the first time that I've seen something like this on a TeraFlex long arm kit. I will say that the primary cause of the break was due to a bad weld but, the lack of extra support in the design of the bracket didn't help anything. If you have a TeraFlex long arm kit, I would encourage you to inspect your brackets and welds on a regular basis.

Isnt that bracket supposed to be welded to the frame not just bolted ?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Isnt that bracket supposed to be welded to the frame not just bolted ?

You can't install the bracket UNLESS you weld it. Could it have benefitted from a few more and better welds? Maybe but, it wouldn't have made a difference in the outcome. Since you seemed to have missed it in the thread, here's a shot of Dennis from TeraFlex's JK and with the same bracket - only his is torn off...

attachment.php

attachment.php

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Dennis obviously doesn't have access to people who can properly install the Teraflex long arm kit. Definitely installer error. :D

Top Bottom