Teraflex D44 front axle

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I've seen it and it's definitely a beefier front 44 especially when compared to stock. It'll essentially solve the need for gussets or sleeves. For the price, I personally would save up a bit more and get a Dynatrac ProRock 44 Unlimited instead as it is even beefier, comes with even thicker tubes, has a profiled differential housing for unsurpassed clearance, comes with +6° of caster built into it, relocated shock mounts that help to keep the cans away from the frame rails when flexing and it's made right here in the USA. Every which way you look at it, the ProRock 44 is a much better buy and Dynatrac will stand behind it 100%.

I've seen it and it's definitely a beefier front 44 especially when compared to stock. It'll essentially solve the need for gussets or sleeves. For the price, I personally would save up a bit more and get a Dynatrac ProRock 44 Unlimited instead as it is even beefier, comes with even thicker tubes, has a profiled differential housing for unsurpassed clearance, comes with +6° of caster built into it, relocated shock mounts that help to keep the cans away from the frame rails when flexing and it's made right here in the USA. Every which way you look at it, the ProRock 44 is a much better buy and Dynatrac will stand behind it 100%.

Me personally will only by Dynatrac. I have been watching the axle on the vengeance for a bit. I was sold on going 60 on the front and floating 60 on the rear. until the hybrid 44/60 came out, now i'm on the fence.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Me personally will only by Dynatrac. I have been watching the axle on the vengeance for a bit. I was sold on going 60 on the front and floating 60 on the rear. until the hybrid 44/60 came out, now i'm on the fence.

yeah, i have to say, before vengeance, i would have said to just get the 60 as the price difference isn't really that much more. but, after seeing the kind of abuse that it can take, it really isn't as clear cut anymore. if it were me, i'd still go with the 60.

yeah, i have to say, before vengeance, i would have said to just get the 60 as the price difference isn't really that much more. but, after seeing the kind of abuse that it can take, it really isn't as clear cut anymore. if it were me, i'd still go with the 60.

thanks for the honest input.

LoPo

Caught the Bug

FYI... the Teraflex 44 offers caster angle changes based on lift height, they are also built in the USA, and offers the same 1 year warranty.

Prorock44 still comes standard with thicker DOM( .313 vs. .25) and offers the option to increase that to .5.

Not discounting the PR44 as that's what I run, but if cost is an issue the TF44 is still a decent option.

FYI... the Teraflex 44 offers caster angle changes based on lift height, they are also built in the USA, and offers the same 1 year warranty.

Prorock44 still comes standard with thicker DOM( .313 vs. .25) and offers the option to increase that to .5.

Not discounting the PR44 as that's what I run, but if cost is an issue the TF44 is still a decent option.

The cost is why my friend was looking into it. he does not wheel that hard or that often.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass

built? what the hell does that mean

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
FYI... the Teraflex 44 offers caster angle changes based on lift height, they are also built in the USA

"assembled" or "built" in the USA isn't the same thing as "MADE in the USA". ask them where they get their parts from and see if they give you a straight and simple answer. fact of the matter is, if they were made in the USA, it would be all over their website, every brouchure, on their packaging, etc. and they'd be bragging about it the way Dynatrac does. of course, i've been to dynatrac's facility and watched our front prorock 60 being made from start to finish right here in huntington beach, ca. in fact, you can see it here:

and offers the same 1 year warranty.

cost an issue? they're practically the same price when compared to the standard prorock 44 if not a tad cheaper when compared to the MSRP they have listed on TF's website:

http://www.quadratec.com/products/52442_3001.htm

yes, i am a fan of dynatrac but only because they make a superior product and make it 100% here in the USA. there may be nothing wrong with the TF axle but for the money, i don't know why anyone would even consider it over a prorock 44 but hey, that's just me. :yup:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The cost is why my friend was looking into it. he does not wheel that hard or that often.

if he prices the two out, i think he'll find there's little to no real difference in cost. certainly, not enough to matter especially when you can get so much more with the dynatrac prorock 44.

built? what the hell does that mean

it means they take parts made in china and assemble/weld them together here.

According to TF "100% engineered, designed, and built in the USA".

I think you might be thinking of Currie.

that is NOT the same thing as "MADE IN THE USA". It is illegal to state that unless it really is. saying that something is "built" in the USA is just a sale pitch to mislead guys like you into thinking they are actually "made" here. i like TF but i will admit that sales tactics like this trouble me.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
oh, and then there's this :D

same suspension setup, same tires, same line - one clears, one doesn't :yup:

LoPo

Caught the Bug
that is NOT the same thing as "MADE IN THE USA". It is illegal to state that unless it really is. saying that something is "built" in the USA is just a sale pitch to mislead guys like you into thinking they are actually "made" here. i like TF but i will admit that sales tactics like this trouble me.

What does 'guys like you' mean?

Honestly, if people are concerned about components from another country, they should throw away their iPhone or comparable smartphone, their Macs or comparable PC's, and pretty much every piece of electronics they own, plus many other things in their household that are "made in china".

I just called TF and got a pretty cut and dry answer to my question "Are your axle components made over seas and then you assemble here in the US?"

"Yes".

I've never had a shady conversation with TF and they've been straight and to the point with me every time and also made stuff right when necessary. Everyone's experience varies.

Like I said I run a PR44 that has just about every single option available and I love it. Depending on the configuration you can get into the TF a few bucks cheaper was my point. But I'd agree Standard housing to standard housing is where they are equivalent in price.

I don't think that he looked into the cost of each to much. I support anything that is MADE in the USA as much as I can. Thanks for all the info.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
What does 'guys like you' mean?

Honestly, if people are concerned about components from another country, they should throw away their iPhone or comparable smartphone, their Macs or comparable PC's, and pretty much every piece of electronics they own, plus many other things in their household that are "made in china".

I just called TF and got a pretty cut and dry answer to my question "Are your axle components made over seas and then you assemble here in the US?"

"Yes".

whoa, easy there friend, i didn't mean to step on your toes, i was just referring to the fact that you took their sales pitch as they had intended and mistook that their axles were actually "made in america", that's all. lots of people take it that way as that's what TF wants you to think.

you asked them a loaded question and you got what i had already told you. what i was hoping you would ask is if they are "made in america"? had you done that, you would not have gotten such a simple answer.

I've never had a shady conversation with TF and they've been straight and to the point with me every time and also made stuff right when necessary. Everyone's experience varies.

it's been my experience that good salesmen never come off as being shady but hey, that's just my experience.

so that we're clear, the fact that their axles are NOT made in america isn't what bothers me so much as the fact that TF purposefully misleads people into thinking that they are. there is a difference. if you don't have a problem with it, nothing i say should offend you as i am in no ways trying to. i was simply trying to set the record straight and apologize if you took it any other way.

peace :)

LoPo

Caught the Bug
whoa, easy there friend, i didn't mean to step on your toes, i was just referring to the fact that you took their sales pitch as they had intended and mistook that their axles were actually "made in america", that's all. lots of people take it that way as that's what TF wants you to think.

you asked them a loaded question and you got a simple answer. what i was hoping you would ask is if they are "made in america"? had you done that, you would not have gotten such a simple answer.

the fact that their axles are NOT made in america isn't what bothers me so much as that TF purposefully misleads people into thinking that they are. there is a difference. if you don't have a problem with it, nothing i say should offend you as i am in no ways trying to. i was simply trying to set the record straight and apologize if you took it any other way.

peace :)

Thanks for the explanation.

Meaning and emphasis are generally lost or misinterpreted on message boards.

JAGS

Hooked
oh, and then there's this :D

same suspension setup, same tires, same line - one clears, one doesn't :yup:

Is this only for the PR60 or does same clearance improvement apply for the PR44 too? I'm currently running the JKUR stock 44s. If I can't swing the PR's, are the rubi 44's ok to build. Thinking of going 37s in first half of '13. What will I spend to upgrade/beef up the stock axles vs a whole new PR44....or dare I say PR60...ouch :icon_crazy:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Is this only for the PR60 or does same clearance improvement apply for the PR44 too? I'm currently running the JKUR stock 44s. If I can't swing the PR's, are the rubi 44's ok to build. Thinking of going 37s in first half of '13. What will I spend to upgrade/beef up the stock axles vs a whole new PR44....or dare I say PR60...ouch :icon_crazy:

oh, you definitely get way more clearnace on a prorock 44 and they are great for running 37's.

as far as cost goes, you'll be more than half way to a prorock if you just build up your factory 44 especially if you use your factory internals. also, you won't get all the other benefits that prorock has to offer like greater clearance, built in caster and ease of installation - no welding required.

JAGS

Hooked
oh, you definitely get way more clearnace on a prorock 44 and they are great for running 37's.

as far as cost goes, you'll be more than half way to a prorock if you just build up your factory 44 especially if you use your factory internals. also, you won't get all the other benefits that prorock has to offer like greater clearance, built in caster and ease of installation - no welding required.

"ease of installation - no welding required." :idontknow:

Oh man, I'm four months into this Jeep thing and I'm so not aware of components, let alone install. I'll likely be taking this to EVO for my build. Or, maybe someone will donate a driveway and an experienced set of hands for some basic mods.

Top Bottom