Teraflex 2.5 and leveling kit

Rolltide66

I am purchasing a teraflex 2.5 with bilstein shocks. My question is, can I leave one of the leveling kit pucks in the front, and the one in the back? I am going to leave the extended front sway bar links on the front, that came with the leveling kit.

What issues, if any will I run into? Thanks!!
I'm running 295/70/18 Nitto trail grapplers on stock rims with 1.5" spidertrax spacers

Last edited:
I would like to know also. I'm thinking about the same thing. I am thinking an adjustable track bar, and front drive shaft. I have a 12 JK, so the front shaft boot wouldn't live long on the exhaust.

I am purchasing a teraflex 2.5 with bilstein shocks. My question is, can I leave one of the leveling kit pucks in the front, and the one in the back? I am going to leave the extended front sway bar links on the front, that came with the leveling kit.

I'm running 295/70/18 Nitto trail grapplers on stock rims with 1.5" spidertrax spacers

So you are going to have 3+ inches of lift without new springs, without adjustable control arms, and without doing anything to fix your axles being off center? And the shock length is not going to match the lift?

Personally, I think your ride and steering are going to be less than desirable.

That is a 2.5 coil spring lift not a BB correct?

TF springs tend to be on the stiff side. You will likely get 3" or more out of them.

If you are looking at 4+ inches of lift then in my opinion there is a bunch of other components you would want to correct the geometry of your front end. You axles will be fairly off center too (enough that it would bug me if it was my Jeep.)

I'm not trying to rain on your parade. It may work fine for your tastes. I've never been a fan of "frankenlifts". IMHO a quality lift is a system designed to work together, not just the sum of a bunch of component parts. If you really want 3-4" of lift, why not do it right? I know it's more money but I really think it's worth the price.

Last edited:
The pucks are 1". I see your point, and that's why I asked. I'm not looking to go bigger in tire size at this time. Sounds like the coil lift is all I will need. If I want a "bigger" fender look, I can just trim my fenders. Thanks for the advice!!

At that height you need to be thinking about adjustable front lower control arms, dealing with front and rear trackbars (or brackets), maybe a draglink flip kit, possibly a front driveshaft, brake lines, correct shock length, proper sized bump stops, proper sized swaybar end links.

The pucks are 1". I see your point, and that's why I asked. I'm not looking to go bigger in tire size at this time. Sounds like the coil lift is all I will need. If I want a "bigger" fender look, I can just trim my fenders. Thanks for the advice!!

Yeah, I read too fast and missed the puck size. The 2.5" spring kit will give you more than enough room for your tire size and you shouldn't have to trim your fenders.

No worries. :honey: whichever way you go, make sure to post up pics and let us know how you like it.

I installed a Teraflex 2.5 coil lift kit in my JKU Sport this past weekend. You will not need the leveling pucks up front.

Top Bottom