Temp gauge

And being that if you turn off the key then on again it works fine is really weird too. That's making me think it's a software issue like a reprogram or something. I wonder if you disconnect the battery and hook it up again, if that would re-set any abnormalities in the software.

I'm with WJCO on this. Unhook your battery for 30 min or so.

Ok so I used the flashpaq and I am getting a temp reading there so does that mean it's in the cluster ??

Ok so I used the flashpaq and I am getting a temp reading there so does that mean it's in the cluster ??

Sure seems like it, but that is strange that if you turn off the key and on again, everything works fine (when warmed up). Clusters are like computers nowadays and do communicate with other modules. There could be a software update for that too. I would do a little research or call the dealer. Clusters are usually $$$$$.

Sure seems like it, but that is strange that if you turn off the key and on again, everything works fine (when warmed up). Clusters are like computers nowadays and do communicate with other modules. There could be a software update for that too. I would do a little research or call the dealer. Clusters are usually $$$$$.

Well the more I think about it, it seem like if the sensor isn't above a certain temp it won't work but I think it's after a certain amount of time you shut it off and turn it on it works almost like its on a timer if that makes any sense at all

Well the more I think about it, it seem like if the sensor isn't above a certain temp it won't work but I think it's after a certain amount of time you shut it off and turn it on it works almost like its on a timer if that makes any sense at all

It does make sense. But weird that even with a new sensor, the problem is still there. You know what would be a good test if you have the time.....when it's cold out, put a work light in the area that the sensor is for like 15 minutes to get the sensor a little warm. Then start vehicle and drive around to see if gauge works. Then you'll no for sure if the issue is related to the outside temperature around the sensor itself.

Also, I was thinking, I'm wondering if there's more than one sensor. Some vehicles have one in the radiator and then one for the regular temp in the head or intake.

It does make sense. But weird that even with a new sensor, the problem is still there. You know what would be a good test if you have the time.....when it's cold out, put a work light in the area that the sensor is for like 15 minutes to get the sensor a little warm. Then start vehicle and drive around to see if gauge works. Then you'll no for sure if the issue is related to the outside temperature around the sensor itself.

Also, I was thinking, I'm wondering if there's more than one sensor. Some vehicles have one in the radiator and then one for the regular temp in the head or intake.

I used the flash cal and it show the temp increase of the ecu right off, I was wondering about a second sensor somewhere to but I couldn't find anything about it anywhere

Check the connection at the gauge. If the Flashpaq is showing you the temps then the sensor and computer are good. Keep working your way towards the part not working (gauge).

Check the connection at the gauge. If the Flashpaq is showing you the temps then the sensor and computer are good. Keep working your way towards the part not working (gauge).

But as soon as he turns the key off and then on again, the gauge works fine. It's a weird one for sure.

Top Bottom