Tata's

DH2002

Anyone going next weekend? I'm driving there on Fri morning from Rockland County, NY...

Last edited:
We wanted to go but the event has been getting so big that its just so crowded.

^^^This!

It is a great event, but we have an 8 hour drive to the park and I hate to spend my time there sitting in traffic. We went the last three years but are skipping this one. When we first did it we were a green/blue group and the traffic wasn't too bad. Last year we were signed up for a Black group and half of the people in it were scared of blue trails. Our guide did what they could to push people but it was like pushing a wet rope.

This year they upped the count from 500 to 700 Jeeps. So we opted to pass.

rinkishjk

^^^This!

It is a great event, but we have an 8 hour drive to the park and I hate to spend my time there sitting in traffic. We went the last three years but are skipping this one. When we first did it we were a green/blue group and the traffic wasn't too bad. Last year we were signed up for a Black group and half of the people in it were scared of blue trails. Our guide did what they could to push people but it was like pushing a wet rope.

This year they upped the count from 500 to 700 Jeeps. So we opted to pass.

Last year we got jammed in traffic on the tft trail, but it was because there were Jeeps on there that really didn't have the mods for the sections of trail they were doing and it just backed up, and it was the end of the day. Typically my group does not have traffic issues... That being said 700 Jeeps this year should be interesting. Good cause either way. :thumbup:

Jgarch

We'll be there Sunday. Last year was our first off road experience. The downside was that we were one of the last groups to hit the trail (black, blue, then green depart) and the we had someone who wanted out after a short period, so we had to sit while our guide took her out. On the positive side, we were with a great group of jeepers and got to share our jeeps, stories, and ideas. Overall, it was a blast!

RedRum

I go every yeAr and bring my grandma with me who is a two time breast cancer survivor ( double mastectomy ) and she loves it ... U don't always get the most wheeling in but it's a good time and we decorate the hell out of the jeep in pink ... Last year we did blacks and hit no trail traffic ... This year doing blues because it was a little bumpy for her

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1438813014.108363.jpg

All ready to roll

DH2002

I hope it's not just sitting around waiting and waiting. It's my first time taking the jeep off-road and I'm bringing the wife and 1 yo as well so we are sticking to all green trails, which I hope will be fun .....

RedRum

The last two years we actually covered a lot of ground it really depends one your trail guides plan and where they are going also idk how it's gunna be with another 200 jeeps ... But this isn't the best weekend to be your first time off-road just because all the chaos ... At least you chose greens ... A big problem is people over estimating the ability of themselves and doing harder trails ... See you out there

rinkishjk

I go every yeAr and bring my grandma with me who is a two time breast cancer survivor ( double mastectomy ) and she loves it ... U don't always get the most wheeling in but it's a good time and we decorate the hell out of the jeep in pink ... Last year we did blacks and hit no trail traffic ... This year doing blues because it was a little bumpy for her

View attachment 157994

All ready to roll

That's awesome to hear! Glad your grandma loves the event, and wheeling! Go grandma! :thumbup::beer:

RedRum

Not me ... I was talking to a guy in the lot who was telling me he bent his tie rod on the new section of the Tatas trail

dannymalkin

Today was definitely a good time. Wasn't too bad as far as traffic on the trails only had one problem due to incompetent trail guides (not the one for my group thankfully). Definitely an enjoyable day

Top Bottom