Synergy steering stab relocation kit issues

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Who here has successfully installed a Synergy JL/JT steering stabilizer relocation PN: 8807-04? I’m running into major issues attempting to install mine. I did all the steps as instructed and ran into issues at step 10.

Synergy installation instruction on their website:

Step 9. Turn steering to full lock driver. Fully extend the steering stabilizer. Place a piece of painters tape on the tie rod and mark the center of the mounting bolt location on the tie rod.

Okay I did this, no issues.

10. Turn steering to full lock passenger. Fully collapse the steering stabilizer. Make another mark on the
tape corresponding to the location of the mounting bolt.

I am unable to do this. The oem tie rod contacts the oem steering stabilizer, pushing up at an angle so high i cannot mark a line and install the tie rod clamp. It would bend or break it if I were to straighten the wheel and install it. I called Synergy tech support and their only instruction was to remove the plastic dust boot. That didn’t change anything. The metal cap at the base of the stabilizer is still making major contact. The tie rod is not bent either.

See pics.

Any ideas? So far as I can tell this doesn’t seem to be compatible with oem parts.

Steering turned full passenger:

IMG_5942.jpg

Steering straight. It stays at this angle full driver as well.

IMG_5944.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
Who here has successfully installed a Synergy JL/JT steering stabilizer relocation PN: 8807-04? I’m running into major issues attempting to install mine. I did all the steps as instructed and ran into issues at step 10.

Synergy installation instruction on their website:

Step 9. Turn steering to full lock driver. Fully extend the steering stabilizer. Place a piece of painters tape on the tie rod and mark the center of the mounting bolt location on the tie rod.

Okay I did this, no issues.

10. Turn steering to full lock passenger. Fully collapse the steering stabilizer. Make another mark on the
tape corresponding to the location of the mounting bolt.

I am unable to do this. The oem tie rod contacts the oem steering stabilizer, pushing up at an angle so high i cannot mark a line and install the tie rod clamp. It would bend or break it if I were to straighten the wheel and install it. I called Synergy tech support and their only instruction was to remove the plastic dust boot. That didn’t change anything. The metal cap at the base of the stabilizer is still making major contact. The tie rod is not bent either.

See pics.

Any ideas? So far as I can tell this is 100% not compatible with oem parts.

Steering turned full passenger:

View attachment 361059

Steering straight. It stays at this angle full driver as well.

View attachment 361060

On their website, the steering stabilizer is flipped the other way it looks like. Mopar stickers on other end.

4050-50-D1-1200.jpg

8806-01-D1-1200.jpg

I have not done this mod but my factory ss also has stickers closer to passenger end of axle.

Last edited:

highoctane

Caught the Bug
I’ll have to try that tomorrow. The instructions do say to put the dust boot side on the stud, and the pics in their instructions also show the orientation in which I’m attempting to install as well.

Step 7. Attach the stabilizer to the new Stabilizer Mount Stud. If using the factory stabilizer then the end
with the plastic dust boot should go on the stud side.

IMG_5945.jpg

IMG_5946.jpg

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Okay so I went out and flipped the steering stabilizer the other direction: no change, making major contact with the tie rod. I just can’t see this working with anything besides a stabilizer that has an exposed piston and bushing on the end opposite the body.

CalSgt

Hooked
I did mine with the Synergy tie rod so a bit different... I rotated the top of the clamp back slightly towards the axle to get the stabilizer to be more parallel with my tie rod, not sure if that would get you any additional clearance.

Also, Is it possible your tie rod has been bent up towards the stabilizer.

MericaMade

Okay so I went out and flipped the steering stabilizer the other direction: no change, making major contact with the tie rod. I just can’t see this working with anything besides a stabilizer that has an exposed piston and bushing on the end opposite the body.

On mistress jlu I used an alignment spacer like you would for the king shocks to raise it off the clamp and gave us a clearance.

Sent from my SM-G996U using WAYALIFE mobile app

ScoobyCarolanNC

I’ll have to try that tomorrow. The instructions do say to put the dust boot side on the stud, and the pics in their instructions also show the orientation in which I’m attempting to install as well.

Step 7. Attach the stabilizer to the new Stabilizer Mount Stud. If using the factory stabilizer then the end
with the plastic dust boot should go on the stud side.

View attachment 361064

View attachment 361065

You ever get this figured out? I’m thinking of doing the same thing

Top Bottom