Swanky Builds Thread

Oh hell, I almost forgot.

I had an issue after several hours of driving where my steering would feel loose. I spoke to Eddie about it while at Camp WAL. He was pretty sure the issue was my stock reservoir but also suggested getting rid of the ATF4 and using standard power steering fluid.

In the spirit of only changing one thing at a time, I swapped fluid tonight and will be driving to KY this weekend to wheel so I should be able to see if the fluid alone had an impact or made an improvement.

I actually posted my issue on this here -> http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?27542-Hydraulic-Assist-Question-(on-highway) Once I get it all resolved I will update both threads.

Note: I now have a PSC cooler and it did increase my time to the issue from about 45 minutes to a few hours.

JAGS

Hooked
After two busy days back to work I finally got to put my Jeep up on the rack and check over everything from the Rubicon. I'm happy to report I only have some new scrapes to the sliders, skids, and frame. We thought for sure that we had a bent axle flange and even called Northridge to see about a replacement. David was going to help us out but before we pulled the trigger I wanted to get home and check it. I'm glad I did as it turned out to not be an issue. Our noises were all due to the brake pad clips as Tony suspected. :yup:

Speaking of scrapes... This is what two DRY days in the east will do to bare steel. The cancer had already begun so I repainted these spots.

View attachment 155486

Oh, I also made our ARB fridge even more awsomer than it usta was ;)

View attachment 155487

I look forward to replacing some stickers soon but I had space that needed filled :crazyeyes:

Those damn pesky brake clips. I had a similar back and forth after our bonus run. Was driving me crazy in that I thought my new axle shafts were done again. Eddie checked things out....sure enough, brake clips.

Glad your issues are so far only minor and hope they stay that way.

Scoop315

Caught the Bug
Lucky dog! You're wife is into jeeps. My wife keeps asking me why someone would opt to buy a loud, stiff suspensioned, less comfortable, military looking thing.

Yet, she hasn't pulled the plug on me talking about saving up for building it to be far more obnoxious.

JAGS

Hooked
Lucky dog! You're wife is into jeeps. My wife keeps asking me why someone would opt to buy a loud, stiff suspensioned, less comfortable, military looking thing.

Yet, she hasn't pulled the plug on me talking about saving up for building it to be far more obnoxious.

Gotta have the wife on board. Makes this hobby/sport so much fun if she is part of it. At least, that's been my experience.

It is my understanding the property used to be an offroad park, it was closed and the new owner uses it to play with his rigs (buggies). It has been a long time since anyone has been there from my local club so we are evaluating the condition of the property. It could have improved or worsened. One thing is certain.... it will be overgrown and pin-striping is guaranteed. :naw:

Well, the wheeling this weekend was a bust. Not very challenging at all other than some long and sketchy hill climbs. Definitely lost interest after having just come off the Rubicon.

I got the last part of the $86 Amazon drag link for Lil-Punkin' (Alana's Jeep).

IMG_20150730_141318855.jpg

I've grown tired of the adjustment nightmare and replacing boots on the Synergy d-link she currently has and gathered the parts to go with a right-hand stocker... Hopefully I will get it installed this weekend, but there is ton of other things going on that may keep me from it.

For instance... I still haven't cleaned Dirty after last weekend's wheeling trip. Seeing her so muddy in the shop is killing me.

Been a little slow on mods lately, Honestly because we haven't had time. Since comming off the Rubicon we have been on a trail somewhere every weekend. After last weekends debacle on a muddy hill I waived the white flag and HAD to catch up on some much needed cleaning.

A part of me was sad to see all the Rubicon dust leave the interior, but it's good having my mall crawler back ;).

I even did a super clean and rash repaint on the belly. :yup:

DFxOEzx9eR8SsCEvCKgs8bpu4rIaPXBZZ11hDpuH8Bc=w350-h621-no

The sad thing is I did all this and I'm trail guiding my local clubs event this weekend so it will likely not last past Saturday morning :crazyeyes:

Oh, and I was informed by Kegan that I need to update things on his Jeep too. (Axial Wraith) He takes it with us most of the time when we are out and wheels when we are stuck in a spot for more than 15 minutes. He was bummed to not have it on the Rubicon, but there simply wasn't room.

Anyway, Last weekend he broke the equivalent of a lower ball joint so we hooked his rig up with some new aluminium knuckles.

fpG3L0gFU0Q2L_hAwGF2O9OK4GyfbmJ0ItX2lRqWQyQ=w1072-h604-no

I still haven't replaced Alana's D-Link yet but will next weekend (our first non-wheeling weekend this summer). I also got a replacement track-bar from Metalcloak with the new bushing design for Dirty. I will likely tackle that and adding the much needed additional front bump next weekend as well.

We've been crazy busy lately and I haven't had much time for my WAL family. (Other than a few drive bys.) Not too much has changed with our rigs anyway....

After Steve(Cozdude), Andrew(noroad), Julie(YoungFire, and Scott(GRNHORN) left Monday we pulled Lil-Punkin' in the shop for some maintenance. She had developed some squeaks and was due for a tire rotation and oil change. Also, I hadn't installed her new D-Link yet and wanted to get that done.

In the end, we were successful with the oil change and tire rotation. I also got her carrier moving like butter again (it had gotten tough to open/close her gate). The squeak/creak was two things, the Synergy track bar AGAIN and the Rough Country FLCA joints. Both have been a nascence maintenance issue since we bought the Jeep and I just wasn't in the mood to deal with it. (It was REALLY hot and sticky last weekend).

Then, Tuesday night I got bit by my bad habit of wearing slippers in the shop. While replacing my son's wheel bearing a break pad fell out of the caliper and made a b-line for my big toe. I've been gimping around since and his car is still right where I left it on the lift. Luckily he is at boot camp and there isn't a rush.

For those who want to see my Mr. Deeds toe
IMG_20150911_082855936_HDR.jpg

Top Bottom