Surf Blue Islander Build

jkris

I was a bit skeptical after that and started to second guess my purchase. They told me that they had hired a new fabricator and that he had ground down too much on the back side and the crack formed while welding. I'm no welding expert myself but I lack confidence in their quality control for sure. They do have great customer service however and quickly shipped me a new one and continued to follow up until I received the new one and was satisfied. I doubt I will be buying from them again after this though. Lesson learned!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I was a bit skeptical after that and started to second guess my purchase. They told me that they had hired a new fabricator and that he had ground down too much on the back side and the crack formed while welding. I'm no welding expert myself but I lack confidence in their quality control for sure. They do have great customer service however and quickly shipped me a new one and continued to follow up until I received the new one and was satisfied. I doubt I will be buying from them again after this though. Lesson learned!

Well, like I said, I'm glad they took care of you but to me, the best customer service is the one I never have to call on. Also, I personally hate it when companies make excuses and pass the blame on something or someone they just hired like that should make a difference. I mean, they're the ones who hired the guy. I would of had more respect for them had they just said, they screwed up royally and were terribly sorry for inconveniencing you.

Anyway, I appreciate you sharing this as maybe it'll help others out.

jkris

No problem. I hope it helps someone out there as well. But I agree with you, I hate excuses as well and it wasted several weeks of my time I can't get back now.

jkris

Ok so I am getting ready to replace my budget boost in the next month or two. I am pretty sold on the Evo 3 inch Enforcer. I know I will more than likely need a drag link flip. And driveshafts. And rear upper control arm for pinion angle. And I will need shocks since I am running shock extensions ::yikes::... So is there anything else that I will need?Can I get away with not having the driveshafts if I take it easy for a while and not flex it? This is a 2 dr build so I know driveshafts will be an issue sooner than later, but I don't want the wife freaking out by dropping $3300 approx all at once unless it's "needed". I'm sure most of you have been down this road so input is appreciated.

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
I would just wait on the driveshafts. If the wheeling is mild then I would just wait until you tear your front boot. That way when it happens you can show your wife the damage and tell her it's going to fly apart unless you replace it with an upgraded one. You could even wait on the flip kit for a bit to dampen the blow.

jkris

So I am more than likely going to have to scale back on my aspirations a bit for now. I really want to take my kids to Disney so I am contemplating between a few ideas and could maybe use some help.
First, I am on 35s and the TF BB with shock extensions.
Do I just buy some 2.5 springs and new shocks? Or spring for a new lift?
If I do go with a new lift, I am looking at a few options. I "would" like a 3 inch. But also I am practical and would settle for a 2.5. Ultimately I would like the 3 inch Enforcer but because I have a 2 dr. I will need the flip kit, and shocks immediately. Then sooner than later driveshafts and a rear upper control arm at a minimum. If I get a Rancho (supposedly a deal coming in a few weeks?) it comes with about the same but bit cheaper. Also JKS has a pretty complete kit for a reasonable price with drag link included. I don't know.... My head is spinning from these decisions and I want to make the right one the first time. I have no experience with the Rancho products so if someone has run their stuff please any info is appreciated. My initial budget is going to be $1700 for this. Eventually I will add more. If I could get away with running the 3 inches without draglink I think it would be an easier decision as it would bring down the cost so I can get the shocks all under my price point. I have about a week to figure out all this before I pull the trigger. Enough rambling. Suggestions are needed and welcome. Thanks in advance!

WJCO

Meme King
I've heard good stuff about both. if I were in your shoes right now, I would go Rancho. One reason is that they are a preferred vendor here, and knowing their forum rep personally, he is honest and ethical and really speaks highly of their quality and care for American parts and American workers and not just because he works there.

Top Bottom