SUPERSIZED Moby Going Home

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I know a few of you have been waiting for the report from our drive home and so here you go. :) After picking up Moby from Off Road Evolution on Friday, we drove out to the SoCal Suds-n-Grub on Saturday and had a great time catching up with the WAYALIFE crew. How was the drive you might ask? Simply AMAZING!! Moby was always a great Jeep but with a 6.2L LS pushing 400+ HP, it's truly become a monster worth of it's name.

Here's an awesome shot that Krieger took of Moby at the Suds...
attachment.php

The next morning Cindy and I started the long drive back up to Carson City with her in Moby and me in RubiCAT...
main.php

As you can imagine, Moby was pretty damn thirsty...
main.php

Oh, and did I mention that Moby now prefers the finer things in life - 91 octane please...
main.php

Truth be told, Moby's MPG wasn't really all that bad. Sure it isn't stellar but, we did still manage to get about 11 MPG and that's with us driving the way we always do :D In reality, it really isn't all that different from what we were seeing with our old 3.8L but of course, we now have a TON MORE power!!

Here's a stop we made along the way to say hello to Moochie's favorite Uniroyal Gal out in Pearsonville, CA :D
main.php

Imagine that, an abandoned air strip - shall we race?
main.php

As if there was any doubt - Moby smoked RubiCAT :crazyeyes:

Here are a Hi-res poser shots of Moby that we took while we were out there...
main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

It's good to be back at home in Carson City!!
main.php

All in all, the drive home went smoothly and without a single hitch. Granted, it was on the cool side the whole way up but, there were still some long steep grades we had to take on and we were happy to see the temp gauge stay dead center the whole way. In fact, I don't think Moby ever broke a sweat once and was able to cruise up them at about 2800 RPM - Rubicat was pusing 4000+ the whole way up.

Anyway, we'll try to get some under the hood shots up tomorrow and if at all possible, some sound clips as soon as we can.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
What a joy it must be to have Moby back. I too can't wait to hear that bad boy roar! Congrats you two!

But there was no mention of Mr Policeman on the way home in your update. There has got to be a story there.... Was it Moby or RubiCat? More importantly, who was driving?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
LOL!! Yeah, I posted about it on the other thread. But, for those who haven't seen it, it was me who got pulled over in Rubicat and for not having any mud flaps. It was crazy because Cindy was following me in Moby and the cop actually turned on his blinker so that he could squeeze in between us and then light me up.

GeorgeBennett

Only thing I see missing is one of those 52" Led light bars across the top of the windshield. Don't wanna be out running your lights now that you have all that extra speed in Moby. :)

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using WAYALIFE mobile app

JBurnside

Thank you for the update! It must be an ear to ear smile on your faces every time you press the throttle. To awesome.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
LOL!! Yeah, I posted about it on the other thread. But, for those who haven't seen it, it was me who got pulled over in Rubicat and for not having any mud flaps. It was crazy because Cindy was following me in Moby and the cop actually turned on his blinker so that he could squeeze in between us and then light me up.

Lol. That's what happens in Kalifornia.

munstie

Man 11 mpg. figured you'd of been around 18, really not any better than the hemi conversion minus the overheating issue. And speaking of V-8 power took the kids sledding tonight, and had a guy ask me if I had a V-8 , just chuckled and said I wish, gotta love the way the dynomax exhaust sounds seems to me that it growls more when it's 18° out.

Sent from the"Zone of Influence"

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
We have laws here in the great state of California. You visitors from Nevada need to abide by them.

It was YOU!! You ratted me out :mad:

Man 11 mpg. figured you'd of been around 18, really not any better than the hemi conversion minus the overheating issue. And speaking of V-8 power took the kids sledding tonight, and had a guy ask me if I had a V-8 , just chuckled and said I wish, gotta love the way the dynomax exhaust sounds seems to me that it growls more when it's 18° out.

Sent from the"Zone of Influence"

Well, in all fairness, that was with us driving like we always do and maybe having a little fun off the line or passing semis from time to time too. If we kept our speed at 65 MPH the whole way, I think it would have done much better. Still, we weren't getting more than 10-11 MPG with our 3.8L and it had no power to speak of.

Your garage is tall enough to hold lifted Jeeps with 40" tires?

Yep, with room to spare too. We like our Jeeps nice and low :yup:

munstie

Well, in all fairness, that was with us driving like we always do and maybe having a little fun off the line or passing semis from time to time too. If we kept our speed at 65 MPH the whole way, I think it would have done much better. Still, we weren't getting more than 10-11 MPG with our 3.8L and it had no power to speak of.

Sounds like you drive like my wife she has the hemi in her 10 Commander and she gets 8 to 10 in town, and it's lucky to get 18 on the highway.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds like you drive like my wife she has the hemi in her 10 Commander and she gets 8 to 10 in town, and it's lucky to get 18 on the highway.

Maybe but, Moby is also running a very heavy ProRock 60 up front, a ProRock 80 in the rear and pushing 40" tires mounted on beadlocks that together weigh almost 200 lbs. a piece. Of course, this is to say nothing about JK's being bricks in the wind :crazyeyes:

Top Bottom