Superchips flashpaq

I ended up getting Superchips 3872 Flashpaq Tuner for Jeep Gas Engine. Have a question tho.. Do I have to return the Jeep to stock to put a different tune in?

Last edited:
I ended up getting Superchips 3872 Flashpaq Tuner for Jeep Gas Engine. Have a question tho.. Do I have to return the Jeep to stock to put a different tune in?

No you don't have to return to stock. I run the older version but with the new update. It is great because in about 5 minutes I can change from my performance tune to crawl tune. The only time I return to stock tune is for emissions testing or when I take it back to the dealership (they will reset the computer if they put it on the diagnostic). Superchip has been great about resetting my programmer when that happens. It sucks when they do that and don't tell you first, because the program won't recognize the vehicle anymore, but it only takes a few minutes to reset the programmer.

No you don't have to return to stock. I run the older version but with the new update. It is great because in about 5 minutes I can change from my performance tune to crawl tune. The only time I return to stock tune is for emissions testing or when I take it back to the dealership (they will reset the computer if they put it on the diagnostic). Superchip has been great about resetting my programmer when that happens. It sucks when they do that and don't tell you first, because the program won't recognize the vehicle anymore, but it only takes a few minutes to reset the programmer.

Awesome! Thanks for the info! Greatly appreciated! :thumb:

Any of you guys figure out how to disable the warning on the information screen after disabling the tpms? I got rid of the yellow dash light but still get the warning on the screen.

I was in touch with superchips about this same issue. They had me disconnect the positive terminal on the battery for at least 30 minutes, and it worked! Hope it helps

I should be picking up my Jeep from the body shop/dealership today, thinking about putting a 3872 on it. Hopefully it works out for both you and I. B-)

Edit: so installed the 87 Octane program last night it's like night and day from the stock program. My JKU shifts smoother I almost can't tell, it seems to have more "reaction" from a dead stop (much less lag on the pedal) and finally it seems like it uses less pedal to go the same speed (I don't have to push it as far down). The only thing I'm not a fan of is that it down shift more easily/frequently,but I am happy that it holds OD longer when it does shift down. (instead of down up down up ect.)

Last edited:
AEV vs SUPERCHIPS

Have read multiple threads and still dont have a definitive yet.

Does anyone have an opinion on whether to go with an AEV PROCAL or SUPERCHIPS FLASHPAQ.

I understand the basic functions of both but want to get the most bang for my buck(s).

Does anyone have an opinion on whether to go with an AEV PROCAL or SUPERCHIPS FLASHPAQ.

I understand the basic functions of both but want to get the most bang for my buck(s).

i have been finding out more and more that the procal has a couple better options, they can turn off rubicon sway bar lights and center the wheel, down side no screen. I have used both about equal if those facts dont affect to you

There's no definitive answer to this. Personal preference really. Like asking what's better, nitto or toyo tires.

So, the AEV Procal only does the speedo recal (tire size change) for the 2015's?!?! That kinda sucks!😕 I want to get a Procal because I'm planning on getting bigger tires. That'll really suck if that's all it will do for my '15... Bummer!

Top Bottom