Supercharged engine with snorkel

Overland_project

If I had a supercharged engine installed, it would be impossible to install a snorkle to then raise the wading deepth right?
Resulting: If I install a snorkle to a stock engine, the wading deepth is rised to the hight of the snorkle, or am I wrong?

Sent from my SM-N960F using WAYALIFE mobile app

wjtstudios

Hooked
If I had a supercharged engine installed, it would be impossible to install a snorkle to then raise the wading deepth right?
Resulting: If I install a snorkle to a stock engine, the wading deepth is rised to the hight of the snorkle, or am I wrong?

There’s a company call America’s Moat wanted 4x4 near Detroit, Michigan. I know it’s the other side of the world for you, but they specialize in dropping V8s in JKs, JLs, and JTs. At the very least, they will be able to help answer your questions. Or have them build this beast up for you, fly over here and tour Moab, Rubicon, and other epic trails before shipping it back. Just a thought.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

A.J.

Yes a snorkel will raise your wading depth. It can also help with dust. No do not put a supercharger on your Gladiator. Just more problems and trouble. Your profile says you are building for overland traveling. Keep it simple as far as drivetrain goes.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE

TheGrendel

Yes a snorkel will raise your wading depth. It can also help with dust. No do not put a supercharger on your Gladiator. Just more problems and trouble. Your profile says you are building for overland traveling. Keep it simple as far as drivetrain goes.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE

Bubba is currently testing out a Hamburger's Supercharger on his Gladiator. So far good things to say as opposed to the debacle with Prodigy turbos.

Exodus 4x4

Bubba is currently testing out a Hamburger's Supercharger on his Gladiator. So far good things to say as opposed to the debacle with Prodigy turbos.

Yeah so far it’s been extremely nice. I typically don’t agree with forced induction on these engines but since Jeep has been considering this setup as a Mopar item we gave it a shot. So far, so good.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
Yeah so far it’s been extremely nice. I typically don’t agree with forced induction on these engines but since Jeep has been considering this setup as a Mopar item we gave it a shot. So far, so good.

Excited to see it long term. After talking with you about it before you installed it if the long term life is there I could totally see that swaying me to get a gladiator or JL

Brute

Hooked

WJCO needs to hear it...

WJCO

Meme King
Oh and for anyone new reading this thread, the OP was a complete fraud and was full of shit.

Exodus 4x4

Lol. No thanks. A factory supercharged engine, yes I'd be all over it. But not an add on.

If the guys that built the Hellcat were in charge of it maybe, but the same assholes that designed the Pentstar and put an oil filter/cooler housing in the depths of Mordor? Nah.

This setup has surprised me, but I want a little more time driving it before I sign off on it completely. I will say it’s one of the few things like this that I’ve bolted on and had zero issues with from the start. Time will tell though. I’ve been fooled before.

Exodus 4x4

WJCO needs to hear it...

It doesn’t make a V8 out of a V6, and I think that’s what people want or expect out of forced induction. This setup gives the JT with big axles and tires just enough power to feel like it’s not underpowered. That being said I don’t feel like a JT with 37’s and stock axles really needs anything like this.

I’d still rather have a Hemi in it and can pretty much guarantee that I’ll end up there someday, but not everyone can afford those price tags and wanted to test something those guys can afford. It looks like this setup will land at about $7250 installed. Not bad for something that went from 219hp to 302hp at the wheels.

Last edited:

A.J.

It doesn’t make a V6 out of a V8, and I think that’s what people want or expect out of forced induction. This setup gives the JT with big axles and tires just enough power to feel like it’s not underpowered. That being said I don’t feel like a JT with 37’s and stock axles really needs anything like this.

I’d still rather have a Hemi in it and can pretty much guarantee that I’ll end up there someday, but not everyone can afford those price tags and wanted to test something those guys can afford. It looks like this setup will land at about $7250 installed. Not bad for something that went from 219hp to 302hp at the wheels.

Might want to edit that.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom