SUPER UNIMPRESSED with Milestar Patagonia M/Ts

Ddays

Hooked
Yes, I agree that they added there videos. Maybe/Probably so that it looks better. But on there trip to SEMA they had to compete with other well build vehicles, and there JL seem to made it well. I wonder if they are well accepted Jeepers in the USA?

But maybe its just because the ride 90% of there time on some rocky terrain ... Would be different in mud.

Lg

I was gonna post pics of the self-proclaimed thot in various poses and made up nonsense shots but I started to gag looking at some of them.
So, nope, not gonna do it.

To answer the question, hell no. Maybe in their own minds I'm sure they are the baddest wheelers on Instagram

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Hi,

just a question from someone who cant get those tires, because the aren't available in Europe: If the Milestar M/T is such a bad tire like it's bin said in this thread, why does it (seem) to produce really good traction on the lite brite jeep? Or is just the drive really good?

If I look into the thread pattern I cant imagine that the work in mud? :thinking:

Lg

Editing??

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

desertrunner

Hi,

just a question from someone who cant get those tires, because the aren't available in Europe: If the Milestar M/T is such a bad tire like it's bin said in this thread, why does it (seem) to produce really good traction on the lite brite jeep? Or is just the drive really good?

If I look into the thread pattern I cant imagine that the work in mud? :thinking:

Lg
I ran a trail with them in Montana on their badge of honor tour. The trail we did was pretty slick with mud and they were struggling, they still got through all the obstacles but the 6.4 hemi and wheel speed helped them out. The guys on nittos and Cooper's didn't have as much trouble as they did. If you take 4 attempts at an obstacle and make it on the 4th which one do you think makes the video? While I don't have any stake in praising or bashing the milestar tires my Cooper's and others that were running Cooper's and Nittos didn't have to work as hard as they did in some places.

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Foley

I ran a trail with them in Montana on their badge of honor tour. The trail we did was pretty slick with mud and they were struggling, they still got through all the obstacles but the 6.4 hemi and wheel speed helped them out. The guys on nittos and Cooper's didn't have as much trouble as they did. If you take 4 attempts at an obstacle and make it on the 4th which one do you think makes the video? While I don't have any stake in praising or bashing the milestar tires my Cooper's and others that were running Cooper's and Nittos didn't have to work as hard as they did in some places.

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Hey, thank you. I got it. So, I first was a little sad that we cant get the Milestar in Europe. But after all that was written in this thread I will not care anymore about the Milestar M/T. I will stick to my Federal Couragia M/T and Maxxis Trepador.

Thank you all Guys!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hey, thank you. I got it. So, I first was a little sad that we cant get the Milestar in Europe. But after all that was written in this thread I will not care anymore about the Milestar M/T. I will stick to my Federal Couragia M/T and Maxxis Trepador.

Thank you all Guys!

I think you'll be happier without them. My whole point for starting this thread was because of all the internet hype I'd been seeing in regards to Milestar Patagonia tires. You can make any tire look good out in a place like Moab or Sand Hollow but being that Patagonia's are "mud terrain" tires, I was expecting them to do well in muddy conditions. I simply couldn't make any of this shit up and if you watched the videos of us in New England, you'll be able to see for yourself just how poorly they did.

Foley

I think you'll be happier without them. My whole point for starting this thread was because of all the internet hype I'd been seeing in regards to Milestar Patagonia tires. You can make any tire look good out in a place like Moab or Sand Hollow but being that Patagonia's are "mud terrain" tires, I was expecting them to do well in muddy conditions. I simply couldn't make any of this shit up and if you watched the videos of us in New England, you'll be able to see for yourself just how poorly they did.

Hi,

i'm really thankfully you start that thread. For me, who never been in the Moab, Rubicon Trail, or in the rest of the USA there Videos make the tire look pretty good. Also many Youtuber like Trail Recon, Matts Offroad Recovery ... now use this tire. Nearly in every video you see some rigs with those tires. From my point of view it look like that this must be a great tire because "everyone" have them.

I'm not the only one in Germany who thought this. A few guys in my Jeep-Club also wanted this tire so we started to look what it will cost to get a few sets of them to Germany via a container. But for now I think we will not do this.

Lg

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hi,

i'm really thankfully you start that thread. For me, who never been in the Moab, Rubicon Trail, or in the rest of the USA there Videos make the tire look pretty good. Also many Youtuber like Trail Recon, Matts Offroad Recovery ... now use this tire. Nearly in every video you see some rigs with those tires. From my point of view it look like that this must be a great tire because "everyone" have them.

I'm not the only one in Germany who thought this. A few guys in my Jeep-Club also wanted this tire so we started to look what it will cost to get a few sets of them to Germany via a container. But for now I think we will not do this.

Lg

Unfortunately, that's the power of the internet and social media. Milestar had been giving Patagonia tires to "influencers" to help promote them on YouTube, Facebook, Instagram and the like and clearly, it's worked to get guys like you wanting them. I am NOT an influencer and can only share what I have seen.

Foley

Unfortunately, that's the power of the internet and social media. Milestar had been giving Patagonia tires to "influencers" to help promote them on YouTube, Facebook, Instagram and the like and clearly, it's worked to get guys like you wanting them. I am NOT an influencer and can only share what I have seen.

Yeah I didn't know that tires are given in US to Youtuber. Even if you are do some competition offroad stuff here you have to buy everything yourself :grayno: So now the picture of the US Jeep Youtuber is completed. I always wondered myself were they have the money to buy all that stuff .. and than going to buy a 2500 RAM. :crazyeyes:

So, Eddie, do you also get stuff sponsored because you have a big Chanel and a much bigger forum?

Last edited:

Primo82

Caught the Bug
Yeah I didn't know that tires are given in US to Youtuber. Even if you are do some competition offroad stuff here you have to buy everything yourself :grayno: So now the picture of the US Jeep Youtuber is completed. I always wondered myself were they have the money to buy all that stuff .. and than going to buy a 2500 RAM. :crazyeyes:

So, Eddie, do you also get stuff sponsored because you have a big Chanel and a much bigger forum?

There is a new fad where people get a lot of Instagram or Twitter or whatever followers somehow (usually due to looks not knowledge) and the leverage those followers for free shit. And sex sells, people know it, that is how most influencers operate. I don't think it's just a US fad either. There are hotel/resort influencers, food influencers, god knows what all there is 'influencers' for. I also don't find any value in most of the jeep Influencer's stuff that I've seen. There is no good information, thoughts, reflections on failures, etc. No historical information. Fake people with fake smiles selling fake shit.

Eddie and Cindy provide a WEALTH of offroading knowledge. They do it without selling sex. Eddie seems to be a huge history buff and provides great info on their stop offs. And he tends to evaluate and be honest when he or someone else breaks... He seems to call it like he sees it. He is also very open about which advertisers on here sponsor him. And when he turns down sponsors to try other things.

So while Eddie and Cindy may be 'Influencers' and get free stuff. They aren't the dredges of society that make that culture look vapid and vacuous. Just my 2 cents though. Cheers.

Edit: I've been a WAL member about a year. I've followed and learned a LOT from the active members on here. Don't feel like you get that value from any other 'Influencer' in this space right now.

WINspeed

Man, You guys are giving these tires a bad rap. I personally have had great luck with them. So good that several people that I wheel with have switched over to them. So far I've run KM2's, MTR's, and the Milestars. And at least for the rocks in the Sierras, these have been my favorite. On top of that they are fricken quiet on the road in comparison to the others mentioned. I commute in my Jeep a couple times a week and have about 20k on the Milestars and they still have over half the tread left. I run them between 24-28 psi on the road and for as little as I've rotated them they look pretty good, not perfect, but that can be expected with my lack of rotations. I've found these tires work best with under 10 psi. At 10 or 11 psi they don't hook up good, lower them to 9.5 and it's like a light switch, they work great. I just hope they make them in a bigger than a 40 soon(Are you listening Milestar? 41's or 42's please!) LOL. I'll buy these again when the time comes If they make a bigger tire, I've been wanting to try something a little larger so that will probably dictate what I get. But I am a fan of these tires.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Man, You guys are giving these tires a bad rap. I personally have had great luck with them. So good that several people that I wheel with have switched over to them. So far I've run KM2's, MTR's, and the Milestars. And at least for the rocks in the Sierras, these have been my favorite. On top of that they are fricken quiet on the road in comparison to the others mentioned. I commute in my Jeep a couple times a week and have about 20k on the Milestars and they still have over half the tread left. I run them between 24-28 psi on the road and for as little as I've rotated them they look pretty good, not perfect, but that can be expected with my lack of rotations. I've found these tires work best with under 10 psi. At 10 or 11 psi they don't hook up good, lower them to 9.5 and it's like a light switch, they work great. I just hope they make them in a bigger than a 40 soon(Are you listening Milestar? 41's or 42's please!) LOL. I'll buy these again when the time comes If they make a bigger tire, I've been wanting to try something a little larger so that will probably dictate what I get. But I am a fan of these tires.
Your comparison of garbage tire to garbage tire is not helping. MTR’s are one of the worst tires ever manufactured. And the KM2’s are softer than a babies ass. Best of luck to you though.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
LOL - welcome back from October of last year. Glad you came back just to dig up a thread that hasn't been posted in almost a year. With that said, I'm glad to hear you like your tires. Nothing would suck more than to spend money on something that you hated. However, comparing these things to MTR's or KM2's aren't exactly doing a whole lot to convince me of anything.

All I can do is share what I personally saw and out on the trail. I have no reason to give anything a "bad rap" and really, couldn't make this shit up if I wanted to. Of all the rigs on the JL/JTX, only one had the most problems and it was the one running your beloved tires.

Even guys running smaller AT tires were finding more traction but hey, you can believe whatever it is you want to believe. Makes no difference to me (y)

Bear_JT

Hooked
These are some of the ugliest tires around. All the ones I’ve seen around my area look like they’ve gone through a blender. Even Discount tire here discourages people from buying them.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I get it guys, Just offering my experience with them since I've ran them for the last two years.
So maybe next time, just share that experience without accusing others of giving some kind of baseless "bad rap", especially when all they were doing was sharing THEIR experience. Because, we could have easily said you're just a fanboy churching up the tires you chose to buy but I have a feeling, you wouldn't have appreciated that.

WINspeed

So maybe next time, just share that experience without accusing others of giving some kind of baseless "bad rap", especially when all they were doing was sharing THEIR experience. Because, we could have easily said you're just a fanboy churching up the tires you chose to buy but I have a feeling, you wouldn't have appreciated that.
That's fair, what doesn't get construed via text is the inflection that was meant by Bad Rap. I wasn't intending to be confrontational or talk $h*t.

I hated these tires before I tried them. And in fact the only reason I bought them is because they only cost $220 on WalMart.com with free shipping a couple years ago. I'm not a rich guy by any means and figured it's worth a try at that price, and come to find out I actually like them. Now they cost the same as anything else unfortunately.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I hated these tires before I tried them. And in fact the only reason I bought them is because they only cost $220 on WalMart.com with free shipping a couple years ago. I'm not a rich guy by any means and figured it's worth a try at that price, and come to find out I actually like them. Now they cost the same as anything else unfortunately.
Never said they weren't cheap tires. Two years ago, Milestar was giving them away to any "influencer" that was hard up enough to take them. They were also selling them as cheaply as possible so that people like you would try them. Hence, why you can't get them as cheap anymore and being that's the case, I can assure you that there are MUCH better tires available at about the same price.

With that said, for a guy who feels the need to build up his Jeep on a budget, I should warn you that there's nothing cheap about running 40" tires or bigger as you seem to want. Most guys I know with them have at least 1-ton axles under their rigs and for a reason.

Top Bottom