Super chips trail dash issues

bl17z90

So last weekend we made a wrong turn and ended up on some harder trails (thanks a lot Nate) but it was no big deal, justtook longer to grt through so I would turn my jeep off. Well every other time or so, when I thrned my jeep back on my traildash didn't power back up with it.

Right now i am looking at the screen and its flickering a little bit. Anyone had this issue or delt with superchips customer service?

Sent from my phone?

Ldogg

Have you tried to unplug it from your obd2 port, start the jeep, run it for a couple minutes, then turn it off and plug the dash back in? I have a trail dash and an aeroforce gauge sharing the obd2 port on my jeep and they don't like off on off on. I have have not experienced your issue though. Usually the trail dash just freezes when I do that, and I have to just unplug it and plug it back in.

bl17z90

Thats how i was grtting it to turn back on, unplug but for a 500 dollar product i feel it should have that issue.

Oh i should also mention, the reason i would shut my jeep off everytime is because my trans would overheat if i was sitting on an uphill incline and left it running. Is that normal?

Sent from my phone?

2trackin

Thats how i was grtting it to turn back on, unplug but for a 500 dollar product i feel it should have that issue.

Oh i should also mention, the reason i would shut my jeep off everytime is because my trans would overheat if i was sitting on an uphill incline and left it running. Is that normal?

Sent from my phone?

Are you letting the trans in gear hold you on the incline or using the brakes to hold you? If you are sitting for an extended period of time I might suggest putting the vehicle in neutral and holding yourself with the brakes. You have to think, with an automatic transmission your always partially engaging the torque converter, that's why you roll forward when you let off the brake while in gear. That causes friction, friction causes heat. Taking the load off the trans should help reduce temps.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

TheDuff

My traildash has never flickered, I've had it a year so your issue doesn't sound normal to me. Some times though mine doesn't turn back on with the jeep, seems to happen more frequently when I'm running doorless and it has to shut itself off after sitting awhile. Usually all I have to do is touch the screen and it will turn back on. One time I had to unplug it for the obd port. Call superchips, I've never heard any complaints about their customer service:)

Sent from my LG-D800 using WAYALIFE mobile app

bl17z90

Were you saying put the trans in neutral and the transfer case or just the trans?

Sent from my phone?

Top Bottom