SUPER BOWL LVII Commercials : The Jeep 4xe “Electric Boogie”

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Not sure if this is gonna be "the" Jeep commercial that they'll be showing during the Super Bowl but it was released this morning. Let us know what you think of it? (y)

Very clever of Ram. Speaks to both sides really, pitched their new REV obviously but also hint the rest of their lineup is great too. The Jeep one... didn't sell me shit. Just some lame CGI animals dancing? Can't solve conspicuous consumption of fuel by using conspicuous consumption.

I would love a country-loving truck company to mod one out and film it doing bad ass things at one of those cobalt mines. “We love electric vehicles because the bi-products of those batteries they use creates some fantastic wheeling areas!” Then they zoom out to show the mine.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It is a funny thing how people who care so much about saving the planet are so eager to annihilating old growth sagebrush, Indigenous peoples’ medicines, food, and ceremonial grounds and all for the purpose of pushing 'electric' vehicles.

Billboards like this can be found across Northern Nevada but the only people who really care are the people who live there. Essentially, nobody of consequence.
mine.jpg

Here's an article about it on CNN too.

At least there are some planet saviors like Max Wilbert, an environmental organizer who is camping out at Thacker Pass to protest the mine’s development, who are stating the obvious, "...blowing up a mountain for coal mining is wrong; I think blowing up a mountain for lithium mining is just as wrong”. But, I think we all know this is a losing battle.

Top Bottom