Summertime Smoke Season Starts Again šŸ˜’

sm31

Arenā€™t they every year?

Lol... they're a bit worse than usual this year. A very dry first half of the summer but rain is headed our way this week (fingers crossed). Fortunately, it hasn't been too bad around Anchorage and the Kenai Peninsula. Had a bit of haze a couple of weeks ago but it's been clear for awhile... if anyone is headed up for vacation.

The interior, Fairbanks, etc. are still pretty bad though.

Near your House?
Yea. It was down the road. The fire started just as I got off work. So as I was getting closer, that picture of the smoke had me saying fuck fuck fuck knowing my house is on that side of the hill. Hauled balls to the house. Checked in with some neighbors, plugged in our fridge and freezer to a generator as power was out. Then bailed to take the wife and kid to get ice cream. lol
Thankfully there was a slight breeze going away from my place and Iā€™m down hill from where it was so I wasnā€™t too worried once I was able to see everything.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yea. It was down the road. The fire started just as I got off work. So as I was getting closer, that picture of the smoke had me saying fuck fuck fuck knowing my house is on that side of the hill. Hauled balls to the house. Checked in with some neighbors, plugged in our fridge and freezer to a generator as power was out. Then bailed to take the wife and kid to get ice cream. lol
Thankfully there was a slight breeze going away from my place and Iā€™m down hill from where it was so I wasnā€™t too worried once I was able to see everything.
Wow, talk about too close for comfort! Glad to hear your house and family are okay (y)

And good on you for taking those awesome pics while all that was going on šŸ˜

Brute

Hooked
Damn, the fires in Alaska are unreal šŸ˜Æ
When I flew into Iliamna from the lodge I was at in Alaska, they were doing a crew change of firefightersā€¦man, they looked beatā€¦

this was a staging area for jump fightersā€¦they have my respect.

WJCO

Meme King
Glad to hear your house is ok. Scary shit.

Trail Bud

Hooked
Glad itā€™s working for you.

Bullwinckle

Hooked
Damn that sucks but glad everything is ok. Hopefully they put it out by now?

Top Bottom