Suds of the Day

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Eddie posted up awhile back about a very rare beer brewed by a group of Monks somewhere. May have been last year. Someone mentioned it here at work and claimed it to be the best beer they've had. Nobody here could remember the name.

Anybody know what I'm talking about? Eddie you remember?

Clem319

Eddie posted up awhile back about a very rare beer brewed by a group of Monks somewhere. May have been last year. Someone mentioned it here at work and claimed it to be the best beer they've had. Nobody here could remember the name.

Anybody know what I'm talking about? Eddie you remember?

I think you are talking about Trappist brewed beers. They are pretty popular. I hate them and pretty much any other Belgium style beer, but that's just me.

highoctane

Caught the Bug
I think you are talking about Trappist brewed beers. They are pretty popular. I hate them and pretty much any other Belgium style beer, but that's just me.

It is a trappist beer. Actually I THINK it might be Westvleteren XII. Belgium, IPA, and some stouts are at the top of my list. Seems like this stuff is nearly impossible to come by though, for the stuff from Belgium. A monastery in Mass. did start brewing a version of the stuff from Belgium. Guess I could start there.

Edit: Internet here in Kabul is working fast enough to actually google this now, and this is it.

http://beerstreetjournal.com/westvleteren-xii-hits-total-wine-on-dec-12/

Guess I'm a few years late. :(

Last edited:
Top Bottom