Stubby front bumper

tyler young

Hello all, I'm new to the forums but I'm looking for some opinions. It's time to upgrade from a stock bumper and I'm looking into a front stubby bumper for my jku but I want to know what you guys are using! I'm not looking to spend a whole lot of money on one tho
Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
welcome to wayalife! stop by and give us a wave!

most of us here are running the evo 1/4 pounder with stinger. some choose to even run it without the stinger and it saves some money without compromising strength.

I used to run the ruggid ridge stubby and I liked it for the time I ran it.
IMG_5986.JPG ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1416234766.828464.jpg

desertrunner

I'm on bumper #3 now first was the poison spyder rock brawler lite with bull bar. Second was the poison spyder BFH trail stinger. And third evo 1/4 pounder with stinger.

The rock brawler lite in my opinion was the best looking bumper and the easiest to install. It retained the factory fog lights which was nice. To be honest if it was a stinger (Which they now make) I would have never got rid of it. It is the most expensive of the 3 I have had though.

The BFH trail stinger was sweet it was super minimal tons of clearance, the stinger IMO was the perfect size and it fit the winch I had. Down sides were all the cutting you have to do to install and no fog lights. Plus it's a little ugly but for my jeep I liked it and it was real cheap compared to a lot of bumpers out there (obviously since there's not much to it haha)

The evo is a middle ground it takes some cutting to install but not as much as the BFH. Still no stock fog lights but plenty of people have come up with ideas for lights. And really the 100% reason I bought it this time is I now have a warn PowerPlant and I wanted to mount it down inside the bumper so it didn't take up my entire gril. It's also not terrible looking. And price point it is right in the middle of the other 2.

All 3 can take a serious beating on the trail I wouldn't hesitate to recommend all 3 of these.

1390572_3577358728985_948301047_n.jpeg
20170111_193424.jpg
20170111_162231.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

Trail JK

I've ran a Hanson stubby with stinger and have liked it. It did everything I needed it to. I currently run the EVO 1/4 pounder with stinger and like it. I would happily recommend either. I changed to the EVO after getting a Warn PowerPlant and wanted it to sit lower to allow for more airflow.

Hanson
IMG_2633.jpg .

EVO
IMG_3426.JPG .

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
I ran a Full Metal Fabworks Apex Pinnacle stubby on my last rig...
IMG_1590.jpg IMG_1592.jpg

And currently run a Motobilt stubby on my rig
IMG_2730.jpg IMG_2635.jpg

Both are really good quality, American made bumpers. If I were going to do a new build, I might be looking at the new LOD destroyer stubby, as that one looks awesome in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

desertrunner

I'd second that thought looking into the new LOD the stubby stinger is awesome looking. Only issue I had with it was currently it won't fit a PowerPlant without modification to the stinger gussets. But I was told they are working on an update to fix that

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using WAYALIFE mobile app

zimm

Caught the Bug
Another vote for the Poison Spyder Brawler lite. They are available powder coated for $100 more. I had to pay $250 for local. It fits without cutting the frame or moving the vacuum pump. Takes the stock fog lights. Looks good with or without a winch.

Avoid Chinese made if you can.

Top Bottom